Why become a member? ×

Amplitube SVX for £0.00!

Jean-Luc Pickguard

I'm already signed in to the IK Multimedia site from previous offers, but still have hoops to jump through to get this 'freebie'. It's now authorised, but needs to download, through just about the slowest port one could imagine on t'web these days. Current download speed : about 14 KB/s. S'gonna take hours.
Still, it's free, I suppose. :|

Nah, it's getting slower still (how is that possible..? '5 days left' prediction for downloading 450 Mb..!). I'll come back to this another day (or week...). It would appear that their main server is a ZX81.

Edited by Dad3353

Update : Yay..! It's finally got here..! I'll think twice about updating my Philharmonik and Sampletank stuff, though..!

Too soon for joy. Winzip tells me ...

J:\Zeek_Soft\Vst\IK Multimedia\Amplitube_4 & SVX\AmpliTube_4_Windows_(4.10.0B).zip: Unexpected end of archive

... so it can't install..! 9_9

I suppose I'll have to download it again..! :angry2:

Edited by Dad3353

It finally arrived intact, and got installed. I can open it, and use it, as 'stand-alone' or through Reaper. I could also import my presets from the previous version, which I've had for... Well, even longer than that, it turns out.
However, the presets I use need one of the Custom Shop amps (HiAmp; virtual Hiwatt...), which I have, and which works well in Amplitube 3. Not so for this new, improved, whiter-than-white SVX version. It now tells me that I need to pay for another Custom Shop HiAmp, for 20€..! Bloomin' cheek, I say.
I'll not be using this new version for much, as my previous version, with its Custom Shop HiAmp emulation, was one of the key features that I've already paid for, for both my guitar and bass recordings. Never mind.

(What do you mean, you sound p'ed off..? You betcha I'm p'ed off, after having spent some of yesterday evening and much of today rolling this Sisyphean stone up this interminable mountain, only to have it get stuck in a rut, quite near the top. P'ed off ain't the term..! I'm ... Well, disgruntled may be a polite way of expressing how I'm feeling towards these $*à€*+%$¤¤*µ @秧§  so-and-so's. :angry2:
And I mince my words.

Bah..! Humbug..!

I'm totally lost with how the download process works.  I get an authorisation code and download the IK multimedia authorisation program, and now have an IK account.  So now I have a code to authorise the software and the authorisation program, but how do I actually get the software in order to authorise it?  If I try I can only download by buying it.  I know I'm being thick!

Edited by Nicko

27 minutes ago, Nicko said:

I'm totally lost with how the download process works.  I get an authorisation code and download the IK multimedia authorisation program, and now have an IK account.  So now I have a code to authorise the software and the authorisation program, but how do I actually get the software in order to authorise it?  If I try I can only download by buying it.  I know I'm being thick!

You're not alone - it's a crap process.

You need to log into the IK site, go to you account and then your products. You should be able to d/l it from there.

27 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

...You should be able to d/l it from there.

Emphasis on the 'should'. I managed (in the end...) to d/l the SVX, but can't now get the other packages  that need upgrading, such as my Philharmonik, or SampleTank. Someone got paid far too much for having 'designed' this web site and d/l system. It's a shame, as the products themselves are good (or even very good...), but, to get the latest version, I'd have much less hassle using a torrent site. No qualms; I've paid for the stuff anyway, but it's a poor show, and a darned pity. ¬¬

The only way I can see to download it is to go to the shop, and put it in my cart.  Then they want me to pay for it.  I have managed to download Amplitude 4 and authorise it, but neither Cubase not Ableton will load it.  Not sure its really worth the hassle to download something I never knew I needed.  The Authorisation Manager and Product Manager seem to be completely unnecessary, not to mention the Custom Shop Manager.

• Like 1