Why become a member? ×

Nice Bass and drumming instrumental video.

Angel

I really like Dirty Loops, and this is a nice little number from Henrik Linder and drummer Aron Mellergard, both superb musicians. I know that bass 'showboating' is most definitely not everyone's thing, but I am a big fan of Henrik (when he is in song mode rather than mad jazz noodling!). He is actually the person that got me inspired/back into bass after years in the doldrums. Not that I can play anything like him of course!

Anyway, here's the video:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Angel said:

I know that bass 'showboating' is most definitely not everyone's thing

I fall into that category I'm afraid :sad:........ and found the "thumb and face" combo (see highlighted pic below) a bit of a warning sign ;)!

However, with an open mind, I will listen to it tonight and let you know how I found it:)!

(Can't listen now - post lockdown we have a "no streaming during working hours" rule in effect)

Thumb and face.PNG

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Doctor J said:

It’s a little close to...

Which is an all time classic of course!

Similar but different. Personally I think that Henrik and Aron play really well together, great understanding. Part of the fun is the way they play off each other in my opinion, which you can see in the video. 

8 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

However, with an open mind, I will listen to it tonight and let you know how I found it:)!

Ok, I had a listen... a lot better than I thought it would be, and made me smile a couple of times!

Sounded like what Benny Hill would have made as a theme tune if he had the required bass chops.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Could someone do me a favour and play this - or the Stu Hamm thing - as background music on a first date, and let me know how you get on?

Thank you.

That's a lovely offer WoT...I'm flattered, I really am.

But y'know....there is a Mrs. Pook and she kinda gets jealous about that kind of thing.

• Haha 2

Wouldn't buy the album but i did find it quite an amusing little Vid. Certainly made me laugh a few times as well. Obviously talented.

With the way the bassist lovingly stares over at the drummer i think there's more than just bass and drums going on there.:laugh1:

Dave