Why become a member? ×

USA Precision Bass 1983 3.7kg ...SOLD!
£1250
Cheshire, UK

kasbridge

For Sale my 1983 USA Precision in black with white pickguard.

Very clean condition, very lightly used, a few surface marks and minor dings which are difficult to photograph.

Plays really nicely with a great P-bass tone. Hardware and electronics appear original.

Very light for an 80s P at 3.7kg verified with a digital luggage scale.

No case but can package securely for shipment at buyers cost.

No trades thanks.

Only selling as I need to reduce the collection - Spector NS5-XL, John Suhr Jazz and others to follow......

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_7796.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Edited by MB1
Incorrect image file format used!
  • Like 3

A beautiful bass! I have an identical one, also from 1983, and this is an often overlooked era in which Fender produced very nice instruments, very well finished and with a great sound. Mine is also 3.8 kg. light and well balanced.
Too often the instruments born out of the 1983-84 production (the popular Dan Smith era) are confused with the late 70's ones which had heavy bodies and didn't always show an accurate quality control level.
GLWS!

2 hours ago, italiancross said:

A beautiful bass! I have an identical one, also from 1983, and this is an often overlooked era in which Fender produced very nice instruments, very well finished and with a great sound. Mine is also 3.8 kg. light and well balanced.
Too often the instruments born out of the 1983-84 production (the popular Dan Smith era) are confused with the late 70's ones which had heavy bodies and didn't always show an accurate quality control level.
GLWS!

Had an 80s P like this really regret getting rid of it (it's even in my tumbnail) tempting...

Edited by Joebethell
More words
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, italiancross said:

GLWS!

Many thanks, there is interest so fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic