Why become a member? ×

What's your fantasy Lotto jackpot bass gear shopping list?

Painy

I never normally do the Euromillions but I might have a go tonight. 😁

I just read on the National Lottery website about one chap who went into his local newsagent to buy a ticket for the Wednesday Lotto draw. He asked for "a lucky dip for tonight's draw" but didn't realise that it was actually a Tuesday not a Wednesday so ended up with a Euromillions ticket by mistake. Fortunately for him though that ticket won him £40.6 million! Not bad for a mistake. 

• Like 1

I would buy a Harley Benton and with the rest I would spend it on cheap hookers, coke and bottles of JD so I could be the proper rock star I should have always been. If I can't play Paranoid properly on that , I'm not going to play it properly on a multi thousand pound coffee table bass either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dunno really, I’m currently very happy with my basses - all 3 are ‘bitsa’ builds, and I’ve built them to meet my own playing needs, so I guess I’m alright for basses.

It’s be great to play through an old B-15, so I’d probably buy one of those (not technically new though, so I’m not sure it that counts). 

Failing that I’d go with an Ampeg 6x10 and an SVT Classic head.

On an unrelated note I’d probably get a new sofa too.

Billionaire bassist shopping list:

House 1: (somewhere nice in Europe, in the countryside, no neighbours, probably in Italy)

Basses: Fodera Monarch 4, Fodera Emperor 5 singlecut, Ken Smith BT4 vintage, Ken Smith Black Tiger 5, Ken Smith Black Tiger 5 Fretless, Wal mark II 4 strings, and a bunch of vintage G&Ls from the 80s.

Amps: Ampeg SVT classic head + 8x10' cab, Ampeg B15

House 2 : appatement in the center of a nice city, may be Paris or Berlin

Basses: Ken Smith Black Tiger 4 (for noodling around during the weekend)

Amp: Ampeg PF50t , Ampeg SVT 12 cab

House 3 (beach house in a tropical coast):

Basses: Status 4 and 5 strings, Modulus 4 and 5 strings (carbon necks because tropical weather)

Amps: same as house 1

Edited by Sven
  • Confused 1

Fender Mustang Bass

Fender early 1960s Jazz Bass

Fender 1970s Jazz Bass

Wal mk3 fretted 5-string

Wal mk3 fretless 5-string

F-bass AC6 fretless

Ken Smith Black Tiger 5

Status Chris Wolstenholme 5 headless

Zon Sonus 519 5-string

Warwick Streamer Stage I 5-string

Warwick Thumb NT 5

Dingwall 5-string (as a lefty, I'm limited to the Combustion and NG models - but if I would win big, I'm sure Sheldon could arrange something? 😛)

Edited by LeftyJ

Something huge and valvey (Aguilar/Ampeg/Mesa etc) along with a fella to carry it around for me. 

And along with the Fodera, Ken Smith and Zon Hyperbass, I’d commission a Conklin 5 that sounded amazing but also had loads of LEDs to compensate for my bad technique. Wasn’t there a Millennium Falcon bass on here? Gotta include some serious novelty bass on the list ...

• Haha 1

I've had tiny lightweight class d, nice weight class a/b and heavy valve stuff. Ive had old school amps and modern amp emulators. And it seems whatever I have at the time, I get swayed to the other in a vicious circle.

I've never liked the bespoke, custom build boutique basses, so thatd be quite easy. Probably a bog standard fender precision.

So.... my dream rig which I'm trying to get to (over time).... is literally this.

"x3 retro two10s barefaced cabs, with the switchable 12/4 ohmage".

Then I can use what ever head I want with them, choosing whether to take a 210, 410 or 610 set up. They're so light it wouldnt be an issue setting up a 610 and a 210 would be a one carry load in. And its fit in any car if i didnt have my van.

It was always the range of heavy cabs I had to lug around which was the killer. If I changed my amp I'd have to change the cab too to match with it. Big valve amp - big cab. Lightweight amp - lightweight cab. At least in this arrangement the cabs should serve any purpose and not need changing ever! (although I'm sure that's been said before!). The switchable homage between 4 and 12 is a game changer.

Head wise, I love my abm600. It's just the right combination of weight and heft for me. I think at around £600 new they're outstanding value.

As for outside reality....... those new Ampeg 50th anniversary heads and an 8x10 look good. But would I even contemplate moving one? Nah.

Edited by la bam

On 22/08/2020 at 13:23, Lfalex v1.1 said:

12 String Grand Chapman Stick, tuned  in mirrored 4ths BEADG / BEADG..

And you are just going to leave the other 2 strings off or put them as BEADGC?

I will take a grand stick in standard tuning. And a private tutor!

Edited by Woodinblack

Like a lot of folk, I’m pretty happy with my gear - always room for one more but I quite like the discipline of a one-in, one-out policy.

Which then leaves the question of what bass gear I’d buy if I won a big lottery jackpot.

Hmmm...

I think I’d buy a suitable property and turn it into a small music venue. Exactly where and what sort of venue, I’d need to think about but at a time when so many places are going under, I reckon that would be a good way to spend a few quid.

I would, of course, have first dibs on the bass chair for the house band...

No idea, I haven't played many basses other than the one I have and a couple of friends'. 

So, being entirely selfish, spend the majority of the dosh on getting this b@@#$%y virus under control - but solely so that we can restart the bass bashes and I can go and try lots of things! 😁

• Like 2