Why become a member? ×

What's your fantasy Lotto jackpot bass gear shopping list?

Painy

Thought this might be a bit of fun if anyone fancies joining in. 

If you were to win the Lotto jackpot, what would your fantasy bass gear shopping list be?

Just to set some rules:-

All gear must be available to purchase new currently (so no 61 stack knob jazz basses or original Ampeg B-15s) and be available as standard off the peg (so no 11 string triple necks made from sapient pear wood with unobtainium fret wire).

Needs to include 1 Bass and one of the following:

An Amp head with 1 or 2 cabs.

A combo amp (and an extension cab if you wish).

A preamp pedal if you'd be going straight to the desk with in ears. 

To start off, I quite miss my Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 string and this one on Thomann looks quite pretty. Amp and cabs I'd go for an Ashdown CTM300 and a pair of ABM810 cabs for a nice convenient modular rig as I'd finally be rich enough to afford to pay for a roadie to move it all. 😁

Screenshot_20200809_122451_de.thomann.jpg

Dingwall Z3 with buckeye burl top and a super J with exotic blood red wooden stain on a quilted maple top for 5 string ammunition

Fender Steve Harris sig with the blue sparkle and mirror pickplate for 4 string ammunition.

Barefaced 8x10 (because I will have enough money to buy a house in the middle of nowhere where I can make as much noise as I wish).  Hands down best cabs I’ve ever used imho after owning a super twin.  

A plethora of different amps, as there’s too many I already covet that I can’t afford probably starting with a tube driven beast - well because I can. 

Edited by Black Coffee

I’d hire someone to track down the 79 fretless P I owned in the mid 80’s, then throw £50 notes at the current owner until they let it go. 
I’d also buy my weight in chocolate cake, and double my weight. Repeating this process until I explode. 
2nd best way to die. 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, miles'tone said:

First up would be a nice house with a music barn and no meddlin' neighbours.

I have the guitars and amps of my dreams, so my thoughts went here too. 

A large rehearsal facility complete with stage, PA and lighting. So I can make all the noise I want at any time and even invite people along to watch if we wanted. 

Preferably in a large outbuilding adjacent to my small cottage. 

But I want to play the game so can I have a P Bass made for me by a luthier all to my spec a Barefaced 8x10, and another Ampeg SVT. 

Oh and a vegan leather strap, 4 inches wide, padded. 

Ta. 

• Like 3

I feel like a right party pooper here, but if I won the lottery I wouldn’t spend any of it on bass gear. I’ve already got enough for what I need - couple of decent basses, couple of nice amps and cabs.

I’d invest in a better house with room for my growing family to live in. That would be more useful for me.

Ill get my coat...

28 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

I feel like a right party pooper here, but if I won the lottery I wouldn’t spend any of it on bass gear. I’ve already got enough for what I need - couple of decent basses, couple of nice amps and cabs.

I’d invest in a better house with room for my growing family to live in. That would be more useful for me.

Ill get my coat...

To be that happy with the gear you already have is a pretty good place to be. 🙂👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Painy said:

To be that happy with the gear you already have is a pretty good place to be. 🙂👍

True. Its certainly good enough for what I need. I get anxious if I've got lots of money locked up in gear I'm not using.

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 1

1 Bass: Well, a Mark III Wal 4-string would be nice (to go with my Mk I and Pro) but I'd also be looking at an Overwater, an Enfield and a Sandberg.

An Amp head with 1 or 2 cabs: I'd porobably want to cehck out a Quilter Bass Block (but I can't decide if it would be the original or the 802) and match it with a couple of nice Barefaced 1x12s. 

A combo amp:  Probably a Markbass CMD Super Combo K1 (or go right the other way with a teeny weeny Micromark

A preamp pedal:  well, it would be nice to know if the Noble preamps are really as wonderful as folks say they are. Or maybe a Shift Line Olympic MkIIIS - they look like nice bits of kit with a decent emulation circuit.

Amp wise I'd have an Orange AD200B head which I would run into an 8x10 Orange cab. Bass wise I'd have a range of retro styled brand new basses ranging Fenders (51, P & J), Gibson Thunderbird, Rickenbacker 4000s, Hofner, Danelectro and a decent wireless system.

I'm actually not too far away from all of that now but I substitute a lottery win for a series of financially poor decisions!

In 2008 I really wanted a Sadowsky NYC and Mesa Big Block 750 and matching 6x10. I got the bass in 2016, the cabinet in 2017 and the amp in 2019. 

In the event of a lottery win, I think I would definitely buy a newer car and some some vanity purchases for instruments I could not possibly justify currently:

Bass: maybe a custom Warwick six string Thumb. Neck through with some fancy wood, you know the kind where the new list price is £7k+but it becomes £3k or less on the used market. Do I really want one? Not desperately, but if I had disposable income then absolutely. 

Amp: I am kinda sorted already but maybe a Matamp. 

Cab: Mesa Subway 4x10, or Matamp 4x10 (or both, I won the lottery). 

Pre-amp pedal: special one off Darkglass Ultra Ultra Ultra pedal that can automatically be updated via bluetooth/USB to incorporate the features of the latest Ultra pedal that was the subject of a shiny new promotional video. 

• Haha 1