Why become a member? ×

I've turned off members "signatures"...

TheGreek

22 minutes ago, ped said:

It says: This setting affects the number of new lines the user can create in a signature. A long line of text will automatically break (the point at which the text breaks depends on the width of the user's browser that is viewing the signature), and this is not affected by this setting.

So it would still be possible to have a massive signature simply by typing it as a single line in large size font...

21 minutes ago, Bobthedog said:

To be fair, text is not usually the problem. It is the stupidly large photos or videos some deem fit to include in their signatures. 

There are some members with text only signatures that I have had to hide because they took up the whole of the screen when viewing Basschat on my laptop.

Also it appears that if you change you signature it becomes visible again to those who have hidden it, because now Bobthedog has replaced his massive photograph with 3 lines of text I can see it again.

3 hours ago, BigRedX said:

There are some members with text only signatures that I have had to hide because they took up the whole of the screen when viewing Basschat on my laptop.

Also it appears that if you change you signature it becomes visible again to those who have hidden it, because now Bobthedog has replaced his massive photograph with 3 lines of text I can see it again.

I never had a picture, it was only 5 lines of text plus a link to my feedback thread.

I've gone in to edit my signature and found that it won't allow more than two links.  I already had three links there.  I saw a fellow member say he was limited to five yesterday.

• I want to keep those three links.  None of them are to do with marketing
  • I want to delete a photo that is no longer relevant
  • When I try to and ultimately try to Save; the system says I am not allowed - "Too many links"!!!
  • I do not know what the current BC policy is on how many links are allowed by the system
  • I can not edit my signature until this is resolved

5 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

I do not know what the current BC policy is on how many links are allowed by the system

Two linkzzez.

If you go up this thread it was clear that some signatures were getting beyond silly - literally into several screens of autobiography.

Basically people putting their profiles in their signature...

As with all such rules to curtail excess there has been some collateral damage...

• Thanks 1