Why become a member? ×

I've turned off members "signatures"...

TheGreek

22 hours ago, TheGreek said:

How would I turn them back on???

I don’t know if you’re aware, but you can turn a lot of the stuff you have in your sig into links. So, you could just have the word ‘FEEDBACK’ or ‘FEEDBACK for The Greek’ instead of ‘https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/118513-feedback-for-thegreek/?do=findComment&comment=1088965’. You can do the same with all your sale items. It might even fit all in one line.

Go to your forum name, top right and click to get drop down box.

You'll see options, one being " ignored users "

Click that, and you get a blank bar at the top to stick a members name in.  Type the name, and they should appear by magic.  As soon as you do, other options appear.  You can then choose from ignore posts, messages,  siganture, mentions.

Just click signatures and you're done.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Click here RB:

791469591_Annotation2020-08-10155512.png.e92ec0b9d5f1c0faafea7c11d9cb48fd.png

👍

Thank you. I confess to getting mildly peeved at those members who insist on full size photos in their signature. I was reading one thread at the weekend and gave up when one line posts took up the whole 27" screen due to the signature photos. Personally I think their should be a physical limit applied

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, I agree. If that means I have to remove my one (which I don’t think is excessive - please tell me if it is), then I shall do so.

Yours is spot on hiram, it shows your band and your feedback, that makes sense 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, I agree. If that means I have to remove my one (which I don’t think is excessive - please tell me if it is), then I shall do so.

Yours is not a major offender, some of them are, in my opinion, ridiculous. I have turned yours off, however, not because it is too large, but because it has worked well  in getting the message across to a regular like me. 

• Like 3

Another forum I am a member of has a limit of (IIRC) 100 characters, including BBCode, for the signature, and any images used have to be hosted externally. It is still possible to have an useful and interesting signature within those limits, you just have to be creative and think laterally. 

The problem Basschat has, is that it is too easy to upload a massive (both file and physical size) images directly to Basschat and use that in your signature, I suspect that many users simply upload something from their phone's camera without any regard for the size.

I think that it would be a good idea to disallow using images posted directly on Basschat in signatures. That way people wanting to use an image would be forced to look at external image hosting and maybe think about the size of the image they were linking. 

I've come pretty close to hiding all signatures on a couple of occasions, but at the moment have confined myself to hiding any that are consistently larger than the users posts.

Edited by BigRedX
  • Like 2