Why become a member? ×

Tuning Peg Covers

ChiefPinero

😂 Scott said we’d start a new craze! I can’t remember when I started putting them on but it was around the time I got this bass so maybe 15 years. It just doesn’t feel right without them now. I was called out in a Facebook group for ‘not taking the bass seriously’ for having them which was funny. 

The best ones for Schaller M4 are IKEA puppets whereas for Fender style clovers you need a slightly girthier puppet. 

Some say the extra mass and pair of eyes at the headstock helps with tuning stability, fretting accuracy and sexual attractiveness especially among the puppet community. 

Here’s the original 

1CBAA589-6870-40A4-9E21-2C6921F15B46.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Little known, but absolutely true, fact! :

Cliff Burton recorded the bass track for "Master of Puppets" with finger puppets of respectively James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett, but strangely enough looking remarkably similar to how they did in their "Load" phase, placed on the tuning pegs of his bass, and with the low E string tuning peg being equipped with a finger puppet of the Grim Reaper himself.

He was truly prophetic like that.

Though the conspiracy theory goes that it was actually really part of a black magic ritual that he performed to place a curse on Metalica, sacrificing his own life as part of the deal, and as an evil ironic stroke of genius using James Hetfield's own words against him, basically having James unknowingly chant the incantation sealing the ritual to the doom of his own, as well as Lars's and Kirk's, creativity :

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Haha 1