Why become a member? ×

Source Audio UltraWave (One Series Multiwave distortion)

Quatschmacher

56 minutes ago, Dapper Bandit said:

I've got the series 2 (?) multiwave distortion and it's a lovely little thing. Had the original pro as well. Is this one going to be much different, aside from not looking like a Tonka Toy anymore?

Yes, look at the controls in the screenshot, it’s already got more features than the original. The latest releases which built on earlier pedals (EQ2, Spectrum/C4, Ventris) have all been huge improvements compared to their predecessors. I’m hoping I’ll be asked to beta test this one too.  

I see a much bigger range of eq options, which will be handy for live stuff for sure! Should have clarified, I tend to be in more of a studio environment so as valid as the 'live performance' enhancements are, they aren't usually dealbreakers for me...

I've got a C4 that frankly I haven't had enough time to dig into, might have a play with trying to recreate the OG multiwave and envelope filter sounds I enjoyed on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Daz39 said:

It does look very swish.

For the non-editor people: how do you access Bass and Mid on the Sustain and Treble dials (is there a button below the ALT box at the top right?), and what are the 3 shapes for on the toggle in the middle?

There’s a button at the back of the pedal where the ports are. Pressing that puts you in alt mode which allows you to access the alt controls and the second three presets on the toggle switch. 

The three shapes are just place markers instead of using names or numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

proof (if one was ever needed) that I spend way too much time on basschat - just watching the very fresh demo of this pedal from Nate Navarro, he dives into other users' presets and I see 'quatschmacher', hmm, where did I see this word before, I scratch my (balding) head, a-ha! Your preset comes up at 4.38:

Edited by Romeo2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Romeo2 said:

proof (if one was ever needed) that I spend way too much time on basschat - just watching the very fresh demo of this pedal from Nate Navarro, he dives into other users' presets and I see 'quatschmacher', hmm, where did I see this word before, I scratch my (balding) head, a-ha! Your preset comes up at 4.38:

Awesome stuff!! I want one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romeo2 said:

Thanks, you beat me to posting this video. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Congrats on getting your patch in the video @Quatschmacher!

Suddenly feel like an idiot for buying a C4 last year 🤦

1 hour ago, dodge_bass said:

Looks great but quite different to the C4 as well so I wouldn’t feel like too much of an idiot. You need both ;) 

They are VERY different pedals with very little overlap. 

• Like 1