Why become a member? ×

Caligula's Horse, anyone a fan?

binky_bass

2 minutes ago, ead said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Not on my radar but I'll check them out.

They're heavy, but with excellent vocals. Interesting time signatures and great tone. 

Listen to the first 3 songs on 'Rise Radiant', if you like those 3 you'll like the rest! 

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

They're heavy, but with excellent vocals. Interesting time signatures and great tone. 

Listen to the first 3 songs on 'Rise Radiant', if you like those 3 you'll like the rest! 

Very good isn't it, just purchased RR.  Will investigate TTTT&TRE subsquently...

• Like 1

Yes, I started picking up some of their albums a couple of years back, can't recall where I got the tip off from. They have been featured recently in Prog magazine (110). I've had the new album downloaded for a while but not listened yet, I have a backlog of about 40 unlistened albums that I'm working through! Blame mp3va...

As a big fan of things prog-y and metal-y, I thought I'd give them a try. Always on the look out for decent new music.

I'm afraid that they're not my bag either. The syncopated rhythm thing is tight, but a bit overbearing and gets a bit tedious for me, a bit too "genre specific", and playing to a specific genre IMO. They're good, just not my thing.

I have found a few good bands on Spotify, like Black Book Lodge, Klone & Cog from Australia.