Why become a member? ×

Alternative uses for my speaker cab?

jazzyvee

I have a Mesa boogie Powerhouse 1x15 that I bought new in about 2005. I haven't gigged much with it as I also had a 2x10 and 4x10 that I preferred to use. So whilst this one has probably had at most 10 gigs in that time unfortunately the tolex got torn so it does not look in as good a nick as it sounds.

Anyway over the past 4 or 5 years I have put it up for sale in various places numerous times on, ebay, facebook market, local rehearsal studios and just got a few enquiries but no bids or offers so it is still in the house unsold it although the other two went really easily.

I have now given up trying to sell it now, so in the interest of recycling I wonder what other non musical purposes I could use it for with or without the speaker.

Sensible suggestions only please.
Cheers

• 9 months later...

We had a gig with a couple of other bands, one of which turned up with a couple PA speakers in tatty cardboard boxes. Quite obviously not used in a long time. 

When they removed one of the speakers from its box a large family of mice ran out. 
Do you have any pets?

• Haha 1

I too struggled to sell a couple of cabs I had,  An Ampeg 4x10 and a Genz Benz 6 x 10. I couldn't find any interest and Guitar Guitar were offering derisory amounts. I finally sold them both on Facebook market place. It gets to a larger audience.

On 06/08/2020 at 19:47, jazzyvee said:

I have now given up trying to sell it now, so in the interest of recycling I wonder what other non musical purposes I could use it for with or without the speaker.

I once made a 2 x 12 Cab into a Budgerigar nest box, minus the cones of course. I had taken the grill off and then lifted the cabinet up, putting both knees through each speaker.  "who's a stupid boy then"

Unfortunately I've ended up just binning at least two cabs over the years, tho I did mostly re use the speakers for other things...

I'd suggest you offer it as free to take away on your local Freecycle type thing, there's a number of similar "stuff for free" sites too..... I've acquired good stuff like that and indeed donated unwanted things that have been of use to others.

Alternatively you could knock the front off and cut 2 or 3 shelves to fit, screw em in, and it'd be a handy tool / oddments shelf unit for utility room, shed or garage..

Ps If you did the make it into the shelves thing, you might be able to ebay ( or whatever)  the speaker alone a bit easier than a whole big cab ?

Edited by Waddo Soqable
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baxlin said:

No disrespect meant, but if you put your location in your profile, might it have prompted some interest in having it from you on this thread?

True and  a good point but it's been on here for a good while and anyone who was interested could always make enquiries. 
If there is an admin person watching this thread can you close it please. 

Cheers

• 1 year later...