Why become a member? ×

Sold - Fishman fission powerchord
£165
London

Al Krow

Go on - unleash that pent up Royal Blood within! 😊 

Fission Bass Powerchord FX Pedal lets any bassist lay down beds of power by adding stacked harmonies over their bass lines. Through an intuitive set of controls and footswitches, several combinations of octaves, 4th and 5th above the root note, combine to produce powerchords or octave-up effects.

It’s also a multi-effect pedal with up to 3 voices of harmony, adjustable noise gate, overdrive, tone and effect level. This power-effect combo gives you creative control over anything from subtle octaves, to thick, grinding effects that even your guitar player will envy.

The mix output is suitable for single amp operation and an effect-only output for feeding a dedicated guitar amp. Can combine the two outputs using an AB-Y pedal (not included).

Add £10 for P&P - guaranteed next day delivery.

These pedals are currently retailing at circa £245 new.

Fishman fission I.jpg

Fishman fission II.jpg

Edited by Al Krow
Sold - please close

• 1 month later...

And it's true that these really are an excellent boost in any 3-piece band, once you've got the guitarist on side. There's only so many really busy basslines you can play underneath all those extended guitar solos. Sooner or later, you're going to want to hear some rhythm guitar and/or power chords.

Hint #1: Never let the band hear the effect solo'd, only in the mix when you're playing live. Don't ask me how I know.

Hint #2: You can make the FX far more convincing by turning the onboard Overdrive control to zero and routing the signal through of those cheap'n'cheerful distortion pedals that are everywhere these days ... I've had excellent results with the Harley Benton / JOYO British Sound but my favourite is the JOYO Orange Juice. NB: This is NOT essential, the onboard thing works fine, but it doesn't sound as good as these new pedals.

• Like 2

• MB1 locked this topic