Why become a member? ×

NBD - sire V7 five string

jonnybass

I have been on the lookout for a backup five for my acg for a while. Finally pulled the trigger and picked up a b stock sire v7 five in burgundy. Amazing amount of bass for the money. What a sound. ..here’s a quick photo more to follow later 

EC6A326E-B428-4058-B5C9-02D232498929.jpeg

• Like 6

If you can pick up a set of lightweight tuners, these will help with the overall weight and the neck-heaviness... I fitted licensed Hipshot HB6's to my V7 fiver and they shaved half a pound off the total weight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonnybass said:

Haha sorry...mis type..8.5 pounds ish I think...not as light as my acg but not too heavy (for me). Ymmv

8.5lbs actually really light for a 5. One of the lucky ones (my P7 is 10lbs ) 

They’re fabulous basses, and you’ve got the best colour V7 IMO, looks great without pickguard too 

• Like 1

Great bass, truly good value. Congrats!

I have the fretless version (albeit in the correct off white colour :D), but do have issues with neck dive / balance and pressure on my damaged collarbone. I am with Rich on the tuners. Sadly my Ultralights have still not arrived (despite being paid for a month ago). I can only play it for any time sitting down at the moment.

• Like 1