Why become a member? ×

SOLD:Tobias Signature 5. Serial#: 1828 / Pre-Gibson
£2500
Sweden

mic_gus

Hi! 
Selling my pop's base. It's a Tobias Signature 5, made around 1992-ish. Bubinga/Wenge/Bubinga with Wenge & Puprle heart veeneer neck.
(All documentation is included.)
Dad is the only owner and he played and toured with this base since it was new.

Has been cared for with all the love in the world over the years, not much for dings or dents but i guess it needs a polish.

Serial No: 1828

Asking 2500£ + shipping.
Item is located in Sweden.

IMG_20200805_173344.jpg

IMG_20200805_173358.jpg

IMG_20200805_173401.jpg

IMG_20200805_173408.jpg

Edited by mic_gus
SOLD
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, Oldman said:

Lovely bass, what scale is it, 34” or 35”?

I had one of these from the same era, bought circa 1990/91 from The Bass Centre when it was in Wapping, and it was a 34" scale neck IIRC.. 

Mine was a purple heart Classic 5 and it was the most resonant bass I've ever owned..

IMO, that era of Mike Tobias's work is when he produced some of the finest basses he has ever made - they're just wonderful instruments! 

GLWTS 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

I had one of these from the same era, bought circa 1990/91 from The Bass Centre when it was in Wapping, and it was a 34" scale neck IIRC.. 

Mine was a purple heart Classic 5 and it was the most resonant bass I've ever owned..

IMO, that era of Mike Tobias's work is when he produced some of the finest basses he has ever made - they're just wonderful instruments! 

GLWTS 

Thanks for the clarification Nik, it’s like an early Warwick a keeper IMO, shame it has to be sold.

Edited by Oldman
  • Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic