Why become a member? ×

How spectacularly can you fall off this years gear abstinence thread?

Mudpup

Not too badly:

In:

Bergantino Forte HP

Sire V7 Fretless mk2

2 x straps

Hipshot Ultralite tuners x 5 ( on back order)

Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 

Out:

Glockenklang BlueRock

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

Markbass CMD121P (up for sale; should go this year,, still 5 months left)

Terrible!

In

Status series 2 (new)

Status series 1 matrix (Used)

Status energy matrix (used)

Spector Legend Custom (used)

Trace Elliot SMH 350 head (used)

Smooth Hound wireless system (new)

Out

Fender Precision roadworn

Fender Telecaster 1980's Japanese

Dearmond MT77T

Arbiter Les Paul Junior

Westone Thunder IIa Guitar

Still to go

1981 USA Fender Precision

To be fair I have not spent as much as I thought as a couple of the guitars out went for very good money and the used Status and Spector basses came in for very good prices, if I shift the Precision for a sensible price I will be breaking even and selling a Mesa D800 last year more than paid for the Trace head

In

2 x Fender US Professional Jazz basses and 1 x Fender Deluxe Active Precision

Out

Musicman Stingray, Fender US Standard Precision, Fender Player Precision, Squier VM77 Jazz, Squier Telecaster Deluxe, Ashdown ABM600, ABM210, ABM410.

I think I’m ahead on outs.

6 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

There is a SubZero midi merge box?

Indeed there is. £40 at Gear4Music, 4x4 USB MIDI box that as one of its tricks takes inputs 1&2 and merges them to all 4 outputs. I'm currently using it just as a merge (so I don't have to mess around at the back of things to change what's plugged in where) but I may rethink that.

• Like 1

Having failed spectacularly with my Jan 3rd purchase of a two grand Sandberg, I have just bought a TE Elf, to make sure that my place as biggest gear abstinence failure is unchallenged!

Two other basses have found their way into my collection this year, but both were swaps for Ibanez six strings basses, and one of the swaps has now been sold.

Not particularly badly for me, but I can't see me getting through a whole year without buying a bass.

In fairness, I sold three basses and one amp, but have bought two basses and one amp:

1) Spector Euro 4LX-TW  2) Lakland 44-64 Bob Glaub 3) Darkglass 900 V2 'Euryale'

I'm also in the process of putting a Jazz together, so fairly hopeless on all counts.

I don't think I'm going to put my name in the hat for next year.

Am waiting for a copy of a well known Yamaha 5 string bass to be delivered in the next week or so.  Was about 300 quid.  Also have purchased a Line 6 M5 pedal instead of an Eventide H9 and saved quite a bit of dosh.  Wanting to splash out on another Joyo JF14 American Sound or a California Sound perhaps for less than twenty quid.  I'll get a Morningstar MC6 at some point and then that'll be it for the forseeable unless I luck into enough dosh that I can splurge on a PRS. But my guitar playing sucks so much that I'm struggling to justify it beyond the Yammie MSG I already have (which is a fine guitar BTW).

I have a few pedals to sell BTW but getting shot of them in China is a PITA due to the language barrier and that everything is so regulated in regards to signing up - almost like a bank account application even for minor things.

7 hours ago, Chiliwailer said:

Is that the one Andy had? If so, it used to belong to my mate and is an absolute beast - loved it. 

The very same. I was initially drawn by the vulgarity of the finish,  it is also a great bass.

Update on the incoming side. This morning a contractor doing a house clearance for me asked whether I would like a Roland bass cube 30, in the original box, for nothing. Difficult to say no to an offer like that.

• Haha 1