Why become a member? ×

1995 Warwick Thumb BO Fretless - SOLD
£700
Mirfield

Davebassics

I got a hold of this bass a few years ago when I was playing more fretless than I am today. Seen another instrument that I'd like to have a go on so hoping to raise some funds.

I would say that its condition is maybe 7/10. There are superficial dents on the body and the finish is worn above the neck pickup. There is a scratch on the fretboard around the 17-19th "fret". The scratch is not directly beneath the string and doesn't affect ability at all. One of the pickup screws on the neck pickup is missing. I have tried to capture these accurately in the photos. In fairness, given its a 25 year old bass, its not too shabby at all! My intention was to have this as a bit of a project bass. I was going to replace the electronics, have a luthier restore the fretboard and maybe refinish. What actually happened was, I moved back to fretted bass and as such, the Warwick has been sat on a guitar stand for years collecting dust. It is definitely past time to move this on! The bass is in a perfectly functioning condition. Setup is really nice, there is maybe room for it to go down a little further but I got it set to my personal preference which I think is quite low. It has that Warwick woody growl, I wish I could have gigged it more, the mids just cut through anything! It is currently strung with some old dead round wounds (again personal preference) I am afraid I haven't got any other flatwounds to switch them with. 

Comes with a soft case and strap locks. Shipping could be arranged at the buyers own risk but may need a few days to sort out the materials. Based near Huddersfield, would prefer pickup or meet halfway providing we can do so in a safe and legal manner!

Price is £700

Prefer sale but potential trades:

Passive jazz (fender rw would be perfect!) Fretted or fretless

Musicman Stingray 4h fretted or fretless

P bass fretless

Synth pedal

Any questions or extra photos, please ask! I appreciate I am not the most aspiring photographer about!

20200803_203732.jpg

20200803_203753.jpg

20200803_203815.jpg

20200803_203830.jpg

20200803_203847.jpg

20200803_203900.jpg

Edited by Davebassics

3 hours ago, Davebassics said:

Had a few questions about the woods. I embarrisingly don't know! Warwicks serial number tracking doesn't go back to 1995. Can anyone offer some guidance?

It should be made like this:

-Bubinga body (might Also be ovangkol, but i'm quite sure in 1995 they were in bubinga)

- Wenge Neck

-Ebony fretboard

Beautiful bass Indeed! GLWTS!

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic