Why become a member? ×

Aria FEB anyone? (Review and photos)

Quilly

I’ve ordered an updated model of the bass , they appear to have moved the bridge back a bit making it less gangly looking . Expecting delivery tomorrow , will review for you folks 😀

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 2

I've played quite a few aria guitars and basses of various eras and prices and they've all been very nicely made and sounded good, I've got 3 arias in my collection at the moment and I wouldn't want to sell any of them. 

I'd expect this one to be pretty good for the money, they always seem great value. 

Matt 

• Like 1

Really pleasantly surprised, great bass for less than £300. My only observations were  a fairly roughy finished ‘binding’ (I think it’s just a different coloured wood tbh) tuning keys a little flimsy and frail . Other than that a great sounding and playing bass. They’ve positioned the bridge further back which makes the 34” scale a lot more playable than some other full scale acoustics .nice low action, Preamp and pickup are decent , features a basic tuner . A good buy. MusicStreet are excellent and item was delivered to Ireland in 3 days.

55362587-44E9-4116-95AF-99E8A8B4E4FC.jpeg

9CE1EA08-DF34-4440-898C-7BCEDBCAAE4D.jpeg

CB2A1D93-633F-4905-853A-F070D9DDE877.jpeg

3FD633DC-2007-432E-A9EC-5B24942DA919.jpeg

7B823A4C-87FB-4F30-88E7-7CC0C9C92ED2.jpeg

27D96088-389A-404B-8043-739CA1F6B42E.jpeg

6EA2C01F-57AA-4397-8581-745454BED3B2.jpeg

ED172F56-4680-4454-B2F4-14D532B892EF.jpeg

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 3below said:

Really like the look of these, just can't justify buying another bass :(

I think this the second generation, made in Japan which I was surprised by . A great buy...

correction , Made in China of course 

Edited by Quilly

• 5 months later...

Yeah I’ve had mine a few months now:

likes: plays lovely with tape wounds. the stock strings, while OK seem a little more suited to a fretted bass. With tapes you can get something approaching an upright bass in tone. It looks gorgeous and is well balanced for a full scale acoustic bass . Battery lasts a long time and controls feel good.

cons: piezo pickup isn’t great and sound isn’t well balanced (boomy and missing a lot of midrange) I can definitely feel the different sections of the neck under the paintwork, i.e. not well sanded before the final paint job. The tuning heads aren’t great at all and you don’t get smooth upward or downward tuning , seems notchy, could be the nut. 

to sum up; it’s an inexpensive bass and With just a few little upgrades it could be great. I think if I was a looking for an acoustic fretless to do some serious gigging I’d have paid £300 more . But it suits my purposes .

Edited by Quilly
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Quilly said:

.to sum up; it’s an inexpensive bass and With just a few little upgrades it could be great. I think if I was a looking for an acoustic fretless to do some serious gigging I’d have paid £300 more . But it suits my purposes 

That sounds like the sort of thing I was hoping for. I would not expect huge quality at that price. But couldn't justify more on something I don't use much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

That sounds like the sort of thing I was hoping for. I would not expect huge quality at that price. But couldn't justify more on something I don't use much

Exactly, I wouldn’t be proficient enough on fretless to justify anything more expensive tbh.