Why become a member? ×

Sold on eBay
£125
Byker, Newcastle

cd_david

Mid 70s HH 215. In good condition for its age. It has many scuffs but no rips or missing tolex. 
full working order. It has been upgraded with full metal handles and lined acoustic foam which gives an unbelievably tight sound, huge bottom end and smooth top. 
it is without doubt the best sounding HH cab I’ve owned, I’m only selling as I currently have 7 cabs and need to be remotely sensible. 

collection from Byker, possible meet up for fuel or postage at your expense. 

thanks 

2AC696BF-9B21-41AB-A9C4-2FFE51E39624.jpeg

95C51A84-E987-4845-BD07-ED78D734C631.jpeg

6F158FF2-422F-4B4C-8648-0A0F700F0B5D.jpeg

Edited by cd_david
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Woody1957 said:

I would have walked over broken glass for one of these back in the day. I bet it sounds immense, GLWTS bud!

Thanks. I’ve had 2 of these and one of the 80s horizontal ones and as I say, this is the best out of all of them. I assume it’s the foam controlling the sound so well. If I didn’t have to be sensible once in a while this would definitely be a keeper. As it’s not being gigged and doesn’t have the sentimental value of some other cabs, unfortunately it’s in the firing line. All I need is a lottery win and a warehouse 🙄😆

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

In my first serious band one of the guys had this model HH cab. We all went to Music Ground near Doncaster to buy some new gear, and the owner opened the shop for us in the evening to try stuff out. We ended up with an HH PA system (200 watt mixer and a pair of Pro 2x12 cabs), an HH 2x12 guitar combo and an HH bass rig ( 100 watt head and this cab). 

Seem to remember that although reasonably heavy the cab was quite easy to manoeuvre, and a great design with the clip off front. We used it for everything at some point - bass, keys and guitar, and it sounded fantastic. Think 215BL maybe stood for bass/lead? Anyway, great cab, and GLWTS.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2020 at 09:40, casapete said:

In my first serious band one of the guys had this model HH cab. We all went to Music Ground near Doncaster to buy some new gear, and the owner opened the shop for us in the evening to try stuff out. We ended up with an HH PA system (200 watt mixer and a pair of Pro 2x12 cabs), an HH 2x12 guitar combo and an HH bass rig ( 100 watt head and this cab). 

Seem to remember that although reasonably heavy the cab was quite easy to manoeuvre, and a great design with the clip off front. We used it for everything at some point - bass, keys and guitar, and it sounded fantastic. Think 215BL maybe stood for bass/lead? Anyway, great cab, and GLWTS.

That's interesting, I was a frequent visitor to Music Ground in Doncaster but much preferred Electro music as I always found the guys in MG to be a bit stand off'ish if you weren't buying anything. Never really got into HH stuff but the bands I saw using them it always sounded really good gear. The bass player/singer in the local band Radiation always played through HH stuff.

I had a very trusty Orange amp through a Wilsic Sound 4x12 cab back in the day and it sounded immense! Wilsic Sound and Electro were both on Copley Road in Doncaster and it was in Wilsic Sound around 1973 that I first heard a Moog...the guy demonstrated the sounds you could get and as a young kid just blew me away. Are you local to Doncaster? What band were you in?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had 2 of those cabs, put 4 new Fane reconed speakers in from DC Boultons off Manningham Lane in Bradford, sounded huge, even only powering it from a 50 w Marshall head. Bloody heavy though. Have you still got the front clip on cover ?? made it a lot safer to transport.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bassman Rich said:

I had 2 of those cabs, put 4 new Fane reconed speakers in from DC Boultons off Manningham Lane in Bradford, sounded huge, even only powering it from a 50 w Marshall head. Bloody heavy though. Have you still got the front clip on cover ?? made it a lot safer to transport.

Unfortunately the front wasn’t with the cab when I got it. I’ve only ever seen one with the front on and wished I’d bought it at the time. 

On 06/11/2020 at 18:44, Woody1957 said:

That's interesting, I was a frequent visitor to Music Ground in Doncaster but much preferred Electro music as I always found the guys in MG to be a bit stand off'ish if you weren't buying anything. Never really got into HH stuff but the bands I saw using them it always sounded really good gear. The bass player/singer in the local band Radiation always played through HH stuff.

I had a very trusty Orange amp through a Wilsic Sound 4x12 cab back in the day and it sounded immense! Wilsic Sound and Electro were both on Copley Road in Doncaster and it was in Wilsic Sound around 1973 that I first heard a Moog...the guy demonstrated the sounds you could get and as a young kid just blew me away. Are you local to Doncaster? What band were you in?

Sorry for the late reply. Will PM you if that’s okay.

Back OT, bump for a great cab at a bargain price!

• MB1 locked this topic