Why become a member? ×

I've come around, full circle

Guest MoJo

1 minute ago, Paul S said:

Even with Ultralites it would be closer to 9 than 8., sadly.  It was only taking out the bridge pup that made it nearer 8 and that kind of defeats the point.  

Glad the old thing is being used!  A good bass that, upon reflection, I could have kept as a backup 5er.

...and sold me your BB5000 - I would have bitten your hand off! 

8 hours ago, MoJo said:

I think that’s why I’ve had so many BB414’s and BB424’s. They are consistently good but not so special that I’m not tempted to move them on when something takes my fancy. I always find myself coming back to them though

Exactly this. I just sold a BB425 - it was brilliant, but wanted something else. If I ever want another there's a 98% chance it will also be just as good.

On 04/08/2020 at 17:01, Paul S said:

It was advertised on here long enough!

I was clearly asleep at the wheel! 

On 04/08/2020 at 17:06, BassApprentice said:

Exactly this. I just sold a BB425 - it was brilliant, but wanted something else. If I ever want another there's a 98% chance it will also be just as good.

Yeah I get this thinking and they do seem to come from time to time. Weirdly, I've seen very few other vintage white BB1025s come up for sale and, on the same logic, I've held onto mine in case it can't be easily replaced and, oh, the small point that I completely love it! 😄 

Edited by Al Krow