Why become a member? ×

SOLD Tokai Hardpuncher
£450
Leeds

theotherphiljones

SOLD PENDING

As per title, I have a Tokai Hardpuncher dating around 1979/80 for sale. Struggling to get exact date.

All original apart from the strap locks fitted. I’m trying to locate the original buttons but if I can’t I’ll throw in the accompanying parts currently attached to the strap. Slight signs of wear but for a bass this age in great condition. No big dings or nasties. Slight scratching when using the tone and volume- absolutely nothing major, has been the same since I bought it- but have to mention.

Approx just under 4kg using some decidedly dodgy kitchen scales- I tried my best!!!

Priced to sell at £450 which is a bit of a bargain in my opinion but as I have a new bass en route I can’t justify keeping this one. I have owned and played/loved this for about a decade. Awesome punchy sound which has served me very well in mostly studio settings. 

Pick up only

Any questions feel free to ask👍

C92B872D-BE2E-4B9F-8C64-03614C8A7F16.jpeg

75B6FF8E-4E23-4321-B72B-2D36F5965972.jpeg

CEC1B93F-AA0E-4B6F-8BAB-61FE86612E41.jpeg

F4E3037F-47E9-4C58-A89E-5DC77C825AD7.jpeg

22172564-52C8-4C45-97A9-C58C8B79E200.jpeg

F101A0F3-D782-4A27-AD52-2113DB741FA8.jpeg

52C510B5-D422-430F-9E09-B4A94122F555.jpeg

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I started with the bottom picture and scrolled up with the sinking feeling that I would really like this bass. 

I wasn't wrong. 

Maybe a sell to buy situation here. 

You know you wanna!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theotherphiljones said:

Yep. Thanks. It really is a beauty. Sad to see it go but thems the rules!!

Got to break the rules. Think you are going to regret letting it go and especially so cheaply. But if needs must 😢

10 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

I can remember these hitting the shops in Glasgow many many moons ago. Was so impressed by the build quality compared to Fenders.

Dave

I'd have this in a flash, but the thought of a 9 hour return day to Leeds doesn't fill me with enthusiasm right now.

There are one or two tunes I'm working on that could use that sound.

4 hours ago, theotherphiljones said:

Plenty of interest but as we speak still available 👍. Pick up only. Trying to sort a way to try it before you buy it but covid restrictions where I live is making things tricky

Should you find yourself in a position to courier the bass, please let me know. 
I'm ready to buy and would make payment without delay.

Failing that, I'll see when I could next be down in your area.

22 minutes ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

Should you find yourself in a position to courier the bass, please let me know. 
I'm ready to buy and would make payment without delay.

Failing that, I'll see when I could next be down in your area.

Could always use the Basschat Relay 

46 minutes ago, JohnFitzgerald said:

How does that work ?

Not trying to be dumb, but is there a specific thing you have to do ?

John

You ask if anybody is heading north and could they collect the Tokai, they pass it on to somebody heading further north and it winds it's way to Cumbernauld 😀

👆 exactly that. 

It's a wonderfully reliable home made courier service entirely composed of bass players from this community. 

Just open a thread in General Discussion asking if anyone would be passing between where the bass is and where you live. 

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic