Why become a member? ×

Vintage Fenders

Reggaebass

14 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

Ah yes, cheers.

Bass Monkey has just put an exceptionally clean ‘72 Precision up on Facebook today too, but I can’t link it here. It’s not on their website yet. That’s someone of this parish is it not? 

It is me, I will get it on over next day or so. The 71 P is a beauty too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

I have no affiliation to this seller on eBay, I just thought I would share this.

’73 Precision, looks original, and it’s the same price I paid for my ‘73 earlier this year from ATB Guitars, except this one on eBay has the original case and mine doesn’t.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325234663345?hash=item4bb97f1fb1%3Ag%3AzlUAAOSwr3VinQj1&LH_ItemCondition=4

Rob

Mmmm my YOB too. Oh gosh! 😅😅😅

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jimmyb625 said:

Do it! If I hadn't pulled the trigger on one last month, I'd be grabbing that one without hesitation.

I’ve spoken with him, seems a really nice guy, he’s had offers and I don’t think it will be there long 

I bought this pre owned from a music shop in North London in 1981. As you can see it has been well used and is no longer completely original. Bits have been replaced due to them breaking, wearing out or simply ceasing to work. All the wood is original as is the bridge. It still plays and sounds amazing. 
See what you can make of the neck stamp:-)

43AF27BB-9B78-41D5-AA01-EEB3AA8EC22C.jpeg

02B83DF6-6271-4175-91F1-3AD9A7980B0D.jpeg

858C7E1E-D0C3-4C9D-84C2-8EF59FC166FF.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Cliff Edge said:

Ok how do you get that because I could never make out any thing beyond the figure 72. The serial on the neck plate is  375337 and I have always assumed 72. 

Really hard to tell but could the last letter be a N ?

3 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Really hard to tell but could the last letter be a N ?

Your guess is as good as mine, probably better. What would that signify anyway?  I have never been able to decipher anything else on there. 
All the original pots and wiring were junked years ago when they became unreliable. There’s nothing else on it beyond the name stamps of the guys who put it together. All were working at Fender in the late 60’s early 70’s. 

2 hours ago, jimmyb625 said:

Do it! If I hadn't pulled the trigger on one last month, I'd be grabbing that one without hesitation.

2 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I’ve spoken with him, seems a really nice guy, he’s had offers and I don’t think it will be there long 

1 hour ago, jimmyb625 said:

It's a really good price, I think you're right.

I snoozed and lost 😖

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Yeah... I was tempted. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Yes I have it now, a lovely slim neck, original pickups were changed to Kent Armstrong designed ones in the late nineties but I managed to snag a set from an early MIJ Fender P which sounds just as good as the 75 P that I sold recently..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, briansbrew said:

Yes I have it now, a lovely slim neck, original pickups were changed to Kent Armstrong designed ones in the late nineties but I managed to snag a set from an early MIJ Fender P which sounds just as good as the 75 P that I sold recently..

IMG_20220512_214139_edit_40231552083962.thumb.jpg.52f5d726938b0423d905e11f029b1ed0.jpg

• Like 5