Why become a member? ×

Missing Presumed Stolen: Duesenberg Starplayer Bass 2007 *NEAR MINT - BARGAIN*
£950
Abingdon, UK

Cobretti

http://imgur.com/gallery/9Lndm3F

Duesenberg Starplayer Bass 2007, in gorgeous  Sunburst. This bass is in absolutely fantasic condition as shown in the pics...barely a mark on it. It's described as medium scale, though it feels closer to a short scale IMO. Set up to perfection with flat wounds, these retail at over 2k, and you don't see them often in this condition on second hand market. Comes with high quality Fender gig bag. Grab a bargain!

Here follows the lowdown...

Rhythm Requirements

To meet the needs of the discerning bassist, the build had to deliver quality across the board. This bass does just that. The back and sides consist of flamed maple, the top is made up of spruce, while an American hardrock maple neck completes proceedings. A pair of Duesenberg BassBuckers have then been applied to deliver punch and presence. Responding well to varied musical scenarios, they project rich overtones of astounding clarity that will carve a place in any type of mix.

Attention to Detail

All of the hardware present on the Starplayer bass has been custom made by Duesenberg themselves. Fretboards offer increased playability due to the final hand-finished process, while the strings are firmly secured using an ultra-sturdy, fully adjustable bass bridge. To round it off, Duesenberg Z-tuners provide stable tuning and fast, yet simple replacement of strings.

Specifications:

Neck

Neck Joint: Set-in

Wood: 1-piece maple

Width: 41 mm / 1.6" (nut), 53,5 mm / 2.11" (12th fret)

Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)

Shape: D

Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"

Inlays: Cream dots

Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm

Scale Length: 768 mm / 30.2"

Trussrod: Steel dual-action

Headstock: Black veneer

Body

Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole

Top: Laminated spruce

Back, sides: Laminated flamed maple

Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11" x 13.39"

Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"

Hardware

Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons

Bridge: Duesenberg bass bridge

Tailpiece: Duesenberg trapeze tailpiece

Strap Pins: Kluson Multi-Lock

Electronics

Pickup (neck): Duesenberg BassBucker

Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg BassBucker

Wiring:  2 volume, 1 tone, on/off slide switch

Edited by Cobretti
Presumed stolen

Heartbreaking scenario, but this bass was stolen from me, almost certainly by courier company. It was collected and scanned in...then vanished. Didn't even make it as far as local depot. A 120cm 9 kg item!

So just replying in case you get offered a 2007 Duesenberg Starplayer that looks like this. 

Cheers

Been fully searched by company who I shall not name, but I shall never again send a Parcel through them, it has been a Farce and they have confirmed it is "lost." Was collected in Oxfordshire on way to Norwich. Never made it as far as Oxford depot. This was 4th August. 

There is more to this than I can really say, due to legal sensitivies, but just be careful when shipping is what I would say. And if you see a bass like it please let me know.

Cheers

Edited by Cobretti

7 minutes ago, Cobretti said:

Been fully searched by company who I shall not name, but I shall never again send a Parcel through them, it has been a Farce and they have confirmed it is "lost." Was collected in Oxfordshire on way to Norwich. Never made it as far as Oxford depot. This was 4th August. 

There is more to this than I can really say, due to legal sensitivies, but just be careful when shipping is what I would say. And if you see a bass like it please let me know.

Cheers

If they have lost it then you will be refunded surely?

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

If they have lost it then you will be refunded surely?

It went through 3rd party carrier. All complicated but not looking good at present. 

It was an ebay sale, and not on here. I had to refund buyer and fully liable. A lesson learned...the hard way.

Just now, Cobretti said:

It went through 3rd party carrier. All complicated but not looking good at present. 

It was an ebay sale, and not on here. I had to refund buyer and fully liable. A lesson learned...the hard way.

It does happen, sorry to hear you are not having much luck with a refund

I had a bass go missing sent through the same courier company at the beginning of lockdown, in my case there was a mix up at the post office and the labels hadn’t been put on correctly. After 5 months of doggedly chasing the company by the sender and myself the bass was located and arrived at my place in perfect condition. Don’t give up hope and make sure you get your evidence together and work with the other party. I feared theft but in actual fact it was a case of a mix up and subsequent delivery to a wrong address. There was an awful lot that went wrong however there were some good people at the company who really did put a lot of effort into ensuring I got my bass. 

• Like 2

Just now, Beedster said:

It does happen, sorry to hear you are not having much luck with a refund

Thanks for the messages. I have to count my blessings at this time, worse things happen. But just wanted to put the word out in case members of the forum are offered it. And a cautionary tale...I had a good relationship or so I thought, and had sent things without issues for a long time. 

1 minute ago, ash said:

I had a bass go missing sent through the same courier company at the beginning of lockdown, in my case there was a mix up at the post office and the labels hadn’t been put on correctly. After 5 months of doggedly chasing the company by the sender and myself the bass was located and arrived at my place in perfect condition. Don’t give up hope and make sure you get your evidence together and work with the other party. I feared theft but in actual fact it was a case of a mix up and subsequent delivery to a wrong address. There was an awful lot that went wrong however there were some good people at the company who really did put a lot of effort into ensuring I got my bass. 

Thanks Ash, that's good advice for sure. I will remain hopeful...but box was also fully labelled, so postcode alone would be enough to track it you would have thought. Even the manager of said company said it's a lost cause because if wrong sticker had been applied, then something awry would have happened with another package. This one was collected and vanished before reaching the local depot.

Just now, Beedster said:

Might be worth you identifying the courier as it’s quite possible someone here can help with contacts or process? 

Thanks mate. Already at quite an advanced stage with all that, and local manager of courier has essentially washed their hands of it. Officially declared 'lost'

2 minutes ago, Cobretti said:

Thanks mate. Already at quite an advanced stage with all that, and local manager of courier has essentially washed their hands of it. Officially declared 'lost'

So was my cab, but I made their lives hell until they found it

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beedster said:

So was my cab, but I made their lives hell until they found it

I admire your spirit! Something is definitely amiss with this situation in particular. That is my instinct. But I appreciate your replies...good to have some solidarity!

Exact same thing happened to me with a bass I bought on here at end of June, same courier, also ended up lost and the company weren't very helpful but after lots of chasing by the seller, it was eventually located and delivered to me, took about a week all in all.

I've just read all of this and at every turn you seem to have a reason not to take well established routes to success suggested by others who've been down the same route. I have twice been in this position and twice found success is relentlessly chasing the company in question (ParcelForce in my scenario), usually directly emailing the CEO or board of directors until they either make the effort to locate the item or they simply concede and offer compensation. There is obviously more to the situation, we'd all be curious to know the facts, some of us might genuinely be able to assist if the facts are known, especially with CEO contacts for many courier companies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, binky_bass said:

I've just read all of this and at every turn you seem to have a reason not to take well established routes to success suggested by others who've been down the same route. I have twice been in this position and twice found success is relentlessly chasing the company in question (ParcelForce in my scenario), usually directly emailing the CEO or board of directors until they either make the effort to locate the item or they simply concede and offer compensation. There is obviously more to the situation, we'd all be curious to know the facts, some of us might genuinely be able to assist if the facts are known, especially with CEO contacts for many courier companies. 

I take your point entirely, and do not want to seem evasive by any means...I always will try and give the benefit of the doubt to these people and companies who are working very hard. 

Perhaps I might send you a message to discuss?