Why become a member? ×

TC BC2x8 opinions?

lownote

I have the chance to buy a TC 2x8 and a BAM 200, but its not practical to try before buying.  Now, I already have a Phil Jones rig, which include a 2x7, and frankly it's pretty weak and thin sounding without its Cab 47 support act (when it becomes lovely).  I am therefore a little sceptical of whether the TC 2x8 will have any depth of bassness, especially as I assume at the price it's not as high quality at the PJ rig.   Does anyone have hands on experience of the BAM/2x8 rig and can commentate on its sound?  Yes, I know I could stay with the PJ rig but it's got a lot of money tied up that I can't really afford at the mo, hence looking to down-price. 

Edited by lownote12

You  were any closer I'd let you have a loan of mine. All I can say is, I've gigged with it.

Shame there's no real way to demonstrate 'bassiness' without physically being there.

I suppose set up a cup and saucer on a table, vary the distance and see if you can spill the tea.

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my TC 208. Thought to use it mainly for home practice and maybe softer jazz gigs. But I tried it the other day at full band rehearsal with a load drummer, guitar, keys and saxophone and it worked like a charm. I used an Ampeg PF-350 head with it with no problem. It’s not the same as playing on my big rig with 410+115 but when u not need to hit someone in the stomach with the bass my back will be very happy with the 208. And it so cheap I just might get another one to get a little more air moving.

I've not heard the 2x8 cabinet but other recent 2x8s sound impressive in videos.

I just got the BAM200 and I'm happy with it so far. Packs a lot of punch for a tiny package.

And if it's the rig that's in the for sale section at the moment it's a great price for the package.