stewblack

Basschat Relay - Tamworth to the south west

So looks like we will hit the Tamworth hub sometime next week... getting closer folks... 

• Like 1

If you hit Tamworth I could pick it up, but where would the next drop off point be? Down the M6, M1 or M5, living centrally means I could travel down all three.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, naxos10 said:

If you hit Tamworth I could pick it up, but where would the next drop off point be? Down the M6, M1 or M5, living centrally means I could travel down all three.

I live in Somerset so Southwards M5 is the absolute favourite. 

Thank you! 

I can offer a pivot point to the west of Oxford - and often in Oxford itself.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I can offer a pivot point to the west of Oxford - and often in Oxford itself.

Thanks man. Singer in one of my bands is in Oxford, so this may come into play 

Its probably not soon enough but I work in oxford regularly and am going to Plymouth on 22nd of August.

• Thanks 1

I travel to Tamworth regularly on Fridays and Sundays. I could bring it back to Alcester and even deliver it to Evesham if that helps. That will get you 35- 40 miles closer to home.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the offers. I shall get the ordnance survey out and see where everyone is. 

I'm regularly in the Tamworth area, heading back to Swindon if that helps. Would need to meet up in the Services due to large vehicle!

Edited by andyonbass
  • Thanks 1

@stewblack I’m in Cheltenham Saturday and leaving back to the Southwest (Plymouth Devon M5, A38)  Sunday morning (11 ish) - Let me know  if I can be of any help 😊

• Thanks 1

It's only moved on paper right now! Begins the actual journey on Sunday. 

The couriers will be updating this thread with their progress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

What happens in the (unlikely) event of damage? Why not just go and get the thing yourself?

If the bass is in an accident, well that's on me. I can't (for health reasons) drive the distances involved, and this is a fun way to interact with members of the community. Nothing more.

Sometimes someone really wants a bass but the seller won't use couriers, or the buyer won't if it's a particularly special or expensive instrument. No one I trust more than a bass player from Basschat to look after a bass.

This is a Quixotic, whimsical, enjoyable alternative to playing Russian Rouletter with Hermes.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, stewblack said:

If the bass is in an accident, well that's on me. I can't (for health reasons) drive the distances involved, and this is a fun way to interact with members of the community. Nothing more.

Sometimes someone really wants a bass but the seller won't use couriers, or the buyer won't if it's a particularly special or expensive instrument. No one I trust more than a bass player from Basschat to look after a bass.

This is a Quixotic, whimsical, enjoyable alternative to playing Russian Rouletter with Hermes.

All makes perfect sense. If you're happy with the risk I hereby volunteer to (at least) collect any sunburst pre-EB Stingray fretless you may happen to buy. 🙂

22 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

All makes perfect sense. If you're happy with the risk I hereby volunteer to (at least) collect any sunburst pre-EB Stingray fretless you may happen to buy. 🙂

Deal!

40 minutes ago, Jono said:

First transfer to Rik undertaken...lovely guy  and a Mini enthusiast too!

FCF0DC4D-17C3-4667-951F-4CD134206693.jpeg

C7EDD90B-EBF2-4F82-B2F2-CA47B5287643.jpeg

OOH don't get me started on Minis......

20180705_162120.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely stuff guys. Reminds me of The Wire when the dockers ship the police van around the world!