Why become a member? ×

Basschat Relay - Tamworth to the south west

stewblack

Just now, stewblack said:

That's mighty fine of you to offer. You heading anywhere in particular any time soon? 

Job centre? 😂.

Hmmm dammit I went down as far as Swadlincote this weekend picking something up myself. Unfortunately nothing on the cards but if you do struggle I'm happy for an hour's trek down the M1 for a basschatter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stofferson said:

Job centre? 😂.

Hmmm dammit I went down as far as Swadlincote this weekend picking something up myself. Unfortunately nothing on the cards but if you do struggle I'm happy for an hour's trek down the M1 for a basschatter

Wow, that's an incredible offer. thank you. The bass is going to be a bit down and left of you and needs to be coming even more down and left ideally. 

However if someone living down the M1 is heading west any time that could still work. 

Let's see if anyone wants to join  in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Wow, that's an incredible offer. thank you. The bass is going to be a bit down and left of you and needs to be coming even more down and left ideally. 

However if someone living down the M1 is heading west any time that could still work. 

Let's see if anyone wants to join  in. 

Dammit I'm sure my rents are heading to Devon in over a week, if I was still 12 and lived at home I'd be going with, unfortunately I probably wouldn't be on here as I didn't start playing until 14 😂.

Well if you it gets stuck in the Midlands I'll dig out, be cool to see this go along 

6 minutes ago, Stofferson said:

Dammit I'm sure my rents are heading to Devon in over a week, if I was still 12 and lived at home I'd be going with, unfortunately I probably wouldn't be on here as I didn't start playing until 14 😂.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

I can’t help with transport but it could sit in Tamworth if that helps at all, 5 mins from M42, 2 mins from A5, 15 mins from M6 and 20 mins from M5

Thank you so much. That sounds like the perfect hub for the next leg. 

1 minute ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I was up in Matlock this morning.

Going to South Wales early on Weds.

Is there any chance it can be in Derby tomorrow?

Oh no! Not with plan A. Len is on holidays till the weekend which is why he can't be involved until then. How you fixed next week? 

36 minutes ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Ok so how far down the M1 have you got it planned so far? I'm up for a run up as far as about Rugby, and can hold in MK or take as far west as Reading if that helps join some dots?

At present it is going as far as Derby. Then I have an offer for a safe haven in Tamworth. 

My geography of the area is weak... 

1 hour ago, kodiakblair said:

From Tamworth you need folk near the M42 and  M5.

Brimingham Airport/NEC area ,Worcester, down to Cheltenham/Gloucester, on to Bristol etc

Yes indeed, it's more the other side I'm unclear, the M1 side. If we can get it to Tamworth from Derby I reckon we could be onto a winner. 

On 01/08/2020 at 12:33, Mickeyboro said:

I sold a bass off this site to a ParcelForce employee. He said don’t bother insuring it, they’ll only wriggle out of responsibility if anything goes wrong😈

True story!

Yes, they smashed the nut on a prosebass despite it being Bubble wrapped and then enclosed in four inches of solid polystyrene on each side and then boxed. Apparently I “didn’t protect it enough”. Idiot buyer then signed for it. The box had so many holes in it that it looked like it had been machine-gunned 

27 minutes ago, Len_derby said:

Assuming I can receive the bass from @DaytonaRik sometime over the weekend I’m happy to deliver it to Tamworth next week.

I believe @DaytonaRik is planning to drop to you on Sunday. Thank you so much, can you liaise with @T-Bay regards the Tamworth connection? 

• Like 1