Why become a member? ×

Yaaaaay!

Telebass

Having been 'resting', as the luvvies say, since NYE 2018, tomorrow sees first rehearsal witha new band. I've depped for them before, so less pressure than there might be, but still a little nerve-wracking after all this time. Long day of practice tomorrow!

Would have been today too, but other work got in the way.

Excited!

:D

• Like 9

Aaaaaaaand...not yay.

Music was fine, no issues, but physical things came back to haunt me. I lasted about 10 minutes standing, and still can't walk properly.

So, that's it. I hereby resign from band gigs forever. Sit down stuff only now, if at all...

:(

On a more positive note, two guitars, bass and drums. And the Elf and One10 owned it. :D

52 minutes ago, Telebass said:

Aaaaaaaand...not yay.

Music was fine, no issues, but physical things came back to haunt me. I lasted about 10 minutes standing, and still can't walk properly.

So, that's it. I hereby resign from band gigs forever. Sit down stuff only now, if at all...

:(

On a more positive note, two guitars, bass and drums. And the Elf and One10 owned it. :D

Oh man, I'm so sorry to read this. Not about the Elf - I never doubted that - but having just lost my main working band for health reasons I know how tough it is to see a positive outcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telebass said:

Aaaaaargh! Not good. On t'other hand,  there ain't no law says you can't use a stool on stage ... I used to do it all the time when my back trouble was bad, and drummers do it at every bloody gig.

Also, in a bizarre way, your timing is excellent. There's plenty of time to get yourself sorted, back up & running  before any gigs re-appear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickeyboro said:

If it makes you play like him I’d give it a try😁

Ha, that'd be a bonus, for sure! To be honest, I'm thinking that, what with last year's shoulder shenanigans, this is a bit of a wake-up call.

While no spring chicken (67), there's plenty older than me still prancing about. But I am a bit riddled with arthritis, so this isn't going to go away. In many respects, I've been incredibly lucky - the arthritis has stayed away from hips and knees so far. But I'm already unable to walk far without a marked stoop, and need to use sticks if I'm to walk far without crippling pain. So maybe, just maybe, it's time...

I'm certainly not giving up altogether. Will still be trying to get the jazz trio off the ground - C-19 paused that - so there are things to do!