Why become a member? ×

More piano recycling

Dom in Dorset

11 hours ago, Si600 said:

You kept the Tele secret.

I do like a Flying V, are you going to diarise it somewhere?

I was sticking to basses while I'm here. The Tele was originally going to have a bought neck but it was crap so I decided to make one for it, hence the strings but no neck.
I do have a facebook page (name change and website coming soon) I'll be doing a build diary for the V there. I'm just working on templates and jigs when other projects grind to a halt.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Musical-Instrument-Store/Dominic-Allan-Bass-Guitars-697594160378026/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dom in Dorset said:

I was sticking to basses while I'm here. The Tele was originally going to have a bought neck but it was crap so I decided to make one for it, hence the strings but no neck.
I do have a facebook page (name change and website coming soon) I'll be doing a build diary for the V there. I'm just working on templates and jigs when other projects grind to a halt.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Musical-Instrument-Store/Dominic-Allan-Bass-Guitars-697594160378026/

Don't forget Guitarchat... They're desperate for content/community over there 😉

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Richard R said:

Looking very good!

You need a name and a logo for the headstock,  especially once you start selling them. Something that references the origins.

PianoForte in the Fender script perhaps? Or 88KeyBass?

Bassendorfer?

It's on it's way... I just need to print it. I'm not limiting myself to basses and I won't just be using pianos but the emphasis will be on recycled materials. 
Website and decal should be ready in a day or two.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

You have my undying respect for what you're doing even if you do keep catching me out with that empty spoiler box in your signature file, you scamp you!

I wish you every success with the venture.

"spoiler box in your signature file" - I have no idea what that actually means! I'll remedy the situation if you can explain.😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dom in Dorset said:

"spoiler box in your signature file" - I have no idea what that actually means! I'll remedy the situation if you can explain.

Everything below the underscore beneath the word "Quote" is your signature file.  It appears at the end of each post you make to those members who select the option to see signature files.

image.png.e18b88a1a1a6da479314e703ee273d89.png

The bit I've circled in red is called a spoiler box.  It hides its contents until the reader reveals them.  In this case, yours is empty.

To edit:
Click on your user name at the top right of the page.  Go to Account Settings and on the left of the page select Signature.  From there you can edit your signature file.

Edited by SpondonBassed