Why become a member? ×

Bravewood 62 jazz bass

MM Stingray 62

22 hours ago, Chiliwailer said:

Seeing his for sale page blank makes me wonder how many he makes a year???

This was really unusual as it was up for a week or more. They usually go within hours of posting. I've also seen a Tele (guitar) and P Bass in the last couple months but they sold right away.

I actually had dibs on that blonde but passed (not without regret) as I just got a '66 Jazz refinished by him back and no gigs in our current covid reality!

Just now, Kazan said:

This was really unusual as it was up for a week or more. They usually go within hours of posting. I've also seen a Tele (guitar) and P Bass in the last couple months but they sold right away.

I actually had dibs on that blonde but passed (not without regret) as I just got a '66 Jazz refinished by him back and no gigs in our current covid reality!

My luck was in then 😊

Cheers, John’s onto a good thing 👍

• Like 1

I sold one like this for a good price (maybe it was this one). Can’t remember exactly what it was, but possibly around £1500?

I got it in a partial trade for a 64 Jazz and it was an exquisite bass. It somehow felt a little cold to me when I played it. I think it was guilt when compared to the one I traded with it and certainly no criticism of the bass. 

Anyway, I love these instruments and I think what he does is fantastic and I love this one. I nearly bought it, in fact, but have no disposable cash.

• 3 months later...
On 28/08/2020 at 20:14, julfam said:

I saw the thread, the first post, ran to the website, credit card in my hand, ready to pull the trigger. How did I miss that!!!

Now regretfully for sale pal - 

EDIT - wtf was I thinking? Withdrawn 😁

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Is that a good price for a bravewood 

£1830 delivered. It's certainly the right ball park. I think I'd want to shave a bit off that, but it's probably priced for a haggle.

Now the mother-in-law has moved to Norwich, I have no excuse to visit Lincolnshire 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Reggaebass said:

They do look pretty cool, and would I be right in saying they are hand built 

Yeah the chap builds them by hand - pretty cool. I know @LukeFRC is in his queue...but as far as I understand it, you’ll get the bass whenever he’s done and you won’t be getting build diary updates 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyTravis said:

Yeah the chap builds them by hand - pretty cool. I know @LukeFRC is in his queue...but as far as I understand it, you’ll get the bass whenever he’s done and you won’t be getting build diary updates 😂

And you have to have a bit of luck to get on the queue! He builds what he wants, if you are fortunate you might get first dibs

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

And you have to have a bit of luck to get on the queue! He builds what he wants, if you are fortunate you might get first dibs

Yes, I think I'm on the list. John has the spec for my bass on file and has promised to contact me if any of his builds look like they're going in the desired direction.

I've not heard anything yet and that was last August.

• Like 1

Just now, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, I think I'm on the list. John has the spec for my bass on file and has promised to contact me if any of his builds look like they're going in the desired direction.

I've not heard anything yet and that was last August.

Yeah...hmm