Why become a member? ×

Hayman 40 40 with covers spotted...

uk_lefty

Mods feel free to delete or remove this if not allowed... 

I have no connection whatsoever to the seller or original owners but thought this too good a spot not to share. I was on cash converters website looking for hidden gems as I sometimes do and saw a 1975 Hayman 40 40 with what appears to be its original pickup covers, £899. It's in a Bristol shop apparently. Looked really good, I know these are rare with the covers so thought I'd share. 

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

Mods feel free to delete or remove this if not allowed... 

I have no connection whatsoever to the seller or original owners but thought this too good a spot not to share. I was on cash converters website looking for hidden gems as I sometimes do and saw a 1975 Hayman 40 40 with what appears to be its original pickup covers, £899. It's in a Bristol shop apparently. Looked really good, I know these are rare with the covers so thought I'd share. 

Found it. Looks nice and, yes, less common to find them with the perspex covers. Here's me with my 4040, purchased new in 1973 for the princely sum of £155. Only thing I have left now is the receipt. :)

sg-artemis1a.jpg

Edited by Stingray5
  • Like 1

They look great, but no idea how they play. A while back I saw a lefty online that was in a shop on Denmark Street that has since disappeared. It was about 500 I think just a year or two back. I'd like to get hold of a Hayman for sentimental reasons more than musical but the prices on ebay are crazy. 

I had one.  They are heavy with wide flattish necks.  Or, at least, on mine.  Beautifully made but the perspex bridge was a bit of a weak point.  I also found the stock pups to be a bit thin sounding, I must say.