Why become a member? ×

Hello! Late starter from an old village...

Shels

Hi..!

I'm Shels - a relatively late female bass starter, three years ago in my late 40s. After a few false starts & reboots, I've finally found my flow this past year.  I'm certainly not going to be playing with Gail Ann Dorsey anytime soon, but I smile every time I start practising, which must be a good sign... Recently moved back to a small village in the UK after 12 years in a big city in the USA, so I'm belatedly joining Basschat and look forward to any advice & encouragement received... :)

Gear:
- Ibanez SR500 SE Sunburst (sadly now selling that as age & neck injury has meant a move to short scale which is really working for me. Replacing it with a Sterling by Music Man Stingray SS)
- Gretsch Junior Jet
- Hofner Shorty (wonderfully modded by a talented guy called Keef)

Cheers, Shels

Edited by Shels

2 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Welcome shels, you’re in my age zone and there’s plenty older (and younger). 

Thanks! Yep I've had a lot of encouragement from all ages to keep going with the online lessons, even when I had my couple of lapses due to work & illness. So glad I did as now I"m back in the UK I'll look to augment them with in-person lessons (if/when the lockdown eases...) See you around here and thanks again for being my first contact :)