Why become a member? ×

Fender new, bass 61

afterimage

This is the 60th anniversary 60s Jazz Bass isn't it?  62 pickups, U shaped neck etc?  You should at least have a limited edition embroidered hardcase and certificate with it. If you paid full or near retail price I'd drop a note to Fender Customer Services asking them what extras it's supposed to have....

38 minutes ago, afterimage said:

The stack knobs each tone pot clicks so a big tonal  pallete between the volume pots 

That’s good, I’ve got the 62 RI and the pots don’t click into positions , they sweep , so I have to remember where the sweet spots are 

34 minutes ago, Muppet said:

This is the 60th anniversary 60s Jazz Bass isn't it?  62 pickups, U shaped neck etc?  You should at least have a limited edition embroidered hardcase and certificate with it. If you paid full or near retail price I'd drop a note to Fender Customer Services asking them what extras it's supposed to have....

According to the Fender website, “also included are a deluxe vintage-style case with 60th anniversary embroidery and certificate of authenticity”.

It’s not a Custom Shop or American Vintage so it looks as though they’ve dispensed with any case candy - strap etc... 

I think some are jumping to conclusions around the limited information the OP has given which was ‘No truss rod’ (I’m assuming that’s truss rod adjustment tool - I hope 😂), ‘no cleaning cloth’ and ‘no strap’. Unless I’m missing something, it doesn’t say it didn’t come in a case. We also don’t know how much the OP paid for it. Did the seller give the OP the heads up it was missing these items and sell it for less than the RRP?

I for one love the look of the bass. I can’t really justify another bass right now, but it’s tempting. I would definitely wear not having the items stated for a discount. They are all replaceable after all.

Just now, Paddy515 said:
  • Case/Gig Bag
    Deluxe Hardshell
Taken from description on Fender site

I think we deduced that a while back, in fact, with my initial question.

I asked the OP what he did get with it, seeing as he pointed out only what he didn't get.  He's yet to respond. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

I see the bass was bought from Peach Guitars, not a selller I've ever seen much mentioned on Basschat and until the other day, one I was not aware of. They however claim to be the UK's laargest Guitar store.

I've been there a few times. I think that claim is in respect of it's physical size, which is quite impressive, but I didn't find much there to pique my interest to be honest.

I usually pop in there after I've been to Status HQ, so it does have a lot to live up to 😂.

• 2 weeks later...