Why become a member? ×

TRADED - ACG Finn 5 fretless with amazing birdseye fingerboard
£1895
Belgium

gregouille23

TRADED

Hello,

I am considering parting ways with this stunning piece of art created by AC Guitars. I recently acquired it from @Bass Wielder (thanks again Michael!). I love everything about this bass: it looks and sounds amazing (those humbuckers... yummy), I had never played an instrument so resonant before, it just sings. So why consider selling it? Well I already have a fretless 4 and I realized that I would rather have a fretted 6er than a fretless 5. The fretless 4 is sufficient for my needs and I am quite interested in exploring the (hopefully) wonderful world of 6 string bass. This is why I would not only consider but possibly prefer a trade against a good 6er. I don't mind adding/receiving a small part in cash to compensate any difference in value between this gorgeous ACG and your lovely fretted 6 😉

Ideally I would prefer 6er with narrower string spacing (< 19 mm, 17.5 or below being my preference) and a reasonable weight (4.5 kg/10 lbs or below).

The ACG weighs about 4.5 kg according to my bathroom scale and comes in the Hiscox case you can see on the picture. The bass is in excellent state, no specific dings or scratches as far as I can see. I was built around 2014 if I remember correctly. Here are the specs straight from the ACG website ( http://www.acguitars.co.uk/project/0172-finn-r-type-fretless-5/ )

• Scale: 35''
  • Top and Back Wood: Flame Redwood
  • Body Wood: Black Limba
  • Accent Veneer: Black
  • Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
  • Neck Wood: 5 piece Mac Ebony/Ash/Wenge
  • Fingerboard: Acrylic Impregnate Birdseye Maple, 26 fret partial fretlines
  • Neck Finish: Satin Lacquer
  • Pickups: 2 x ACG FB humbuckers
  • Hardware details: Hipshot Type A bridge, Gotoh GB 350 Resolite tuners, Dunlop Straplocks, DR Sunbeam strings, Luminlay side dots
  • Pre-amp: ACG DFM 5K/AP

Below is also the original posting from @Bass Wielder

I live in Belgium, near Antwerp.

Edited by gregouille23
Bass is traded

I've a few ACGs including two fretless basses but all 4-string as I have a severe talent deficit at the best of times and, having tried a few times, 5ers are a no-go area for me now.

Edited by ead
  • Haha 2

😂

I fortunately decided a long time ago that the quality of the basses I own did not have to be proportionnal to my musical talent...😅

This ACG Finn is actually tuned EADGC and I have to say that I find it much easier to switch to than a 5er tuned BEADG.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic