Why become a member? ×

**GONE** De Gier Elevation 6 String Bass. (Now just one for sale!) £1950
£4000
Basildon, Essex.

binky_bass

NOW ONLY SELLING ONE! THE ORANGE/REDDISH ONE ON THE RIGHT WITH THE GLOCKENLANG PRE-AMP - £1950.

Well, what can I say about these apart from a small piece of me will die if they sell...

It simply doesn't get better than a Custom De Gier Elevation 6 string bass... wait, yes it does! When there's two of them! 

Having spoken to Sander De Gier, these are 2 of his personal favourite builds. They are absolutely top of the line, amazingly detailed top AND back woods, matching headstock caps front and rear, set necks, incredibly comfortable necks, one with an Aguilar OPB-3 pre-amp, one with a Glockenlang pre-amp, both with custom wood enclosed Häussel Big Mag pick ups. 

These are fantastically light weight for a 6er, circa 4kg give or take (will weigh them, and measure spacing tomorrow). Both are 34" scale and both are 99% immaculate. 

Basses of this calibre would cost you around €4000 a piece from Sander today, so this is almost a buy-one-get-one-free scenario. 

I may entertain selling one, only if the other also finds a home, if you do some fairly complex math you'll find that half of £4000 is £2000, so that'll be the price for one. 

I have one custom made leather De Gier case that Sander had made for the Elevation series. This will come with the basses, I also have another high quality gig bag for the other. 

Fully insured postage is circa £40 a piece, I will send them in separate consignments to avoid potential damage, so shipping is £80 for the pair or collection from Basildon, Essex if you prefer. I can meet somewhere if needed for petrol. 

It is heartbreaking to sell these and I may end up withdrawing them. These are up there with the absolute best of basses that the world has to offer, truly remarkable things. 

Now, off to cry...

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic