Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**
£4000
Basildon, Essex.

binky_bass

£800 price drop down to £3200!!!

I might be interested in a partial trade with cash my way for something more portable. Will need to be in excellent condition and of a high calibur (Barefaced, Aguilar, PJB etc.) Not interested in Ashdown unfortunately. £3200 cash is much preferred.

The head is the absolute flagship from Mesa, the retail on these was a shade over £3600. It has eight KT88 Mesa branded valves for power with two Mesa 12AX7 and one Mesa 12AT7 valves for the pre-amp. The volume is nothing short of disgusting. I once, for a brief moment, got it to half volume and I nearly died in the process, the room actually quaked, that is genuinely no exaggeration. Suffice to say that headroom is not an issue for the 465w this thing puts out.

You can run the power section at low (125w), medium (250w) and high (465w) so you can still generate those awesome valve tones at low volume. The EQ section is basically the same as the Mesa 400+ amps with some tweaks to close those gaps in tunable frequency. There's a 5 way 'voice' dial for some very useable pre-sets and the graphic EQ is bypassable if you prefer.

The cabs are both Mesa Vintage Powerhouse cabs, both 4x10 and both 600w. Each has a horn switch and one has a switch and horn attenuator. I have 2 absolutely top end speakon to jack cables I'll include too to run the rig at peak efficiency. Both cabs have Mesa trak-lok castors that means the cabs roll very easily and can be removed in seconds for secure stacking. 

This is a staggering rig, arguably the best rig that any amount of money could buy. The cabs each retailed at £1300 a piece so the full RRP would be in excess of £6200. Proper Mesa Boogie Covers for the cabs and head will be included.

This rig is absolutely immaculate and may as well be new. Near 50% less than RRP and it is absolutely mint with a few hours of use. Essentially apart from it being in my house, it's new. 

This is probably the only time you'll be able to buy this rig in absolutely brand new condition. Shipping is almost entirely out of the picture as the full rig weights about 114kg (250lbs), though if you are willing to pay and organise this I will help to the very best of my ability to facilitate it. Collection is the best option.

I am willing to drive to meet if that's preferred, this can be negotiated depending on the time and distance involved.

So that's it, the best amp you'll ever see! (Subjective I suppose!!)

Based in Wickford, Essex. Any questions, let me know.

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

That's just awesome! 

Not the story about your cat, but the rig..

.. It's just excessively and gloriously beautiful.

Perhaps the MOD should invest in a few hundred of these for future defence of the realm purposes? 😁

Anyway, GLWTS. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • binky_bass changed the title to Mesa Boogie Bass Strategy Eight:88 465w Head with Two Mesa Boogie Vintage 4x10 600w Cabs. Absolutely Brand New Condition. £3200