Why become a member? ×

FSR Mustang at Bax Shop again

mr4stringz

Seem to remember posting about these none more black FSR Mustangs a while back. Well, Bax have a restock it seems. Bloody good price too.

If you’re lucky you might also be able to get a 5% discount code by signing up to their newsletter too.

From viewing a recent post it seems their customer service isn’t always the best. But at that price I’m looking forward to receiving mine this week...

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/right-handed-bass-guitar/fender-fsr-mustang-bass-pj-black-eb-limited-edition

48 minutes ago, Sardar said:

Thanks for the heads up, I pulled the trigger on a black FSR Mustang. 

I recently experienced Bax Shop's aforementioned terrible customer service, so fingers crossed this time things work out.

No probs. And fingers crossed for both of us! Mine’s ‘due’ tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
On 28/07/2020 at 10:10, Sardar said:

Thanks for the heads up, I pulled the trigger on a black FSR Mustang. 

I recently experienced Bax Shop's aforementioned terrible customer service, so fingers crossed this time things work out.

How did you get on with your latest Bax purchase?

Have to say after all the horror stories I was relieved that my purchasing experience from order to delivery was Absolutely fine.

The bass? Well, I’m not sure if I’ve just been unlucky but it’s the second MIM PJ Mustang I’ve bought (12 mths or more apart) and both have had issues on delivery. On the first one (domestically purchased) the pickup selector connection was dodgy, and on this one the jack socket is faulty. Fortunately it’s something fairly minor thing so I’m fixing it myself rather than trying to utilise some/any after sales service from Bax and invoke the warranty. Seems way too much hassle given their location too.

Other than that issue I’m very happy with it. It’s lighter than my other PJ Mustang, presumably due to the different bridge and tuners. Will move to number one status in my current band once I’ve sorted the little issue out.

1 hour ago, jahfish said:

How did you manage to get it for 484!

Think mine came out at £469 delivered. The price was lower (started at £529 I think) when they had the restock initially and that dropped further and further over a period of a few days. Then I got lucky with a 5% discount voucher too. 

5 hours ago, jahfish said:

How did you manage to get it for 484!

That was the price at the time. 

As mr4stringz said, initially the price dropped when they had a lot in stock and seems to have gone up as the number available has gone down. 

I also had a 5% discount code but unfortunately mine didn't work, the website said it wasn't valid for that item.