Why become a member? ×

Unintentionally hilarious music videos

shoulderpet

On 28/07/2020 at 15:42, wateroftyne said:

Ah - that took me back to sitting in a Uni room listening to the hi-fi.

Of course, the video is daft in the first place with them whizzing around and Geddy himself describes the hairdo as like a racoon had landed on his head.

Aimee Mann guested pushing a camera around on that one.

On 28/07/2020 at 13:52, Leonard Smalls said:

Here's a beautiful bit of 80s... Skipetty skip!

Again, that took me back - Miami Vice, a bottle of Liebfraumilch.

Billy Squier is one of my favourite artists, but that is the must sucky video ever.

Edited by prowla

It took me a couple of views to figure out what was wrong with this and it is just that Gaga isn't very good at dancing. It must have cost mega bucks too. It reminds me of the brilliant spoof by Darvid Brent/RG's Lady Gypsy below.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anything by Dio.

The sheer crushing brilliance of Ronnie, including his theatricality and ability to mesmerize an audience collapsing into utter cheese on video.

It's the contrast between the music and the imagery that makes them so bad.

And what the hell does a pervert in the park have to do with an anthem of hope and joy?

Edited by Stub Mandrel

1 hour ago, prowla said:

This one is a good 'un.

Apparently Vivian Campbell and Chris Glen turned up unannounced, so they borrowed a couple of cheap guitars for them to pose with in the street in Soho.

LOL! I read the first three pages and then posted... ah well, great minds etc.!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

I'd never seen the  David Brent video, thank you so much for sharing it, absolutely brilliant. 

Yes that cracks me up every time, and the slight clumsiness and of the girl dancing was all I could think of when I saw that GAGA vid.

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 21:55, shoulderpet said:

Inspired by some truly hilarious music videos I have seen on Youtube I thought there should be a thread for unintentionally hilarious music videos, I will start this off, I think the 2nd one may have been intentional but there is no excuse for the 1st and the 3rd  , I love the way Paul Stanley seems to be wearing his mothers boots and the way Gene Simmons looks like a creepy uncle in the Kiss video

The teenage me saw absolutely NO HUMOUR in that Kiss video! I now accept I may have been disproportionately forgiving. My saving grace was that we used to rent the Venom live video from the local video store just so as we can laugh at it! Fast forward to my current band and we were originally signed to the Venom singer's record label! Seems he had a thing for 70s glam!?

I fear it is all too easy to pick on 80s Hard Rock, so my humble offering is this mid 80s forgotten classic from bob Dylan. It starts with him not wanting to be there, continues with the worst choice of outfits in the history of fashion, coupled with some dreadful acting and if you hold out to the end you get to see Dylan do some synchronised dancing! I kid thee not!

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

Do we need to start a support group?

Anonymous of course.

It's the poor bugger in 2020 shelling out for over price meet and greets that need the help. We got out, relatively unscathed!

I must confess the drummer's done a book and I am mildly curious but stop short at coughing up the £14 Amazon want for it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

I don't know how serious the intentions were when this abomination was released, but it's AWFUL. This kept popping up on a metal forum I used to be a member of.

That's bad. The song's bad too. Maybe that's why they look so cross in the video?