Why become a member? ×

Unintentionally hilarious music videos

shoulderpet

13 minutes ago, ubit said:

Seen them at the Reading festival in the 80's. They were incredibly cool and sounded magic!

Seen them many times, one of my favourite groups. Strangely enough the last time I saw them in london a few years ago they were the best sounding they had been.

• Like 1

I'm going to stop looking at this thread, there's too much cheesy 80s hair metal and it's reminiding me of how much time the teenage me spent sat in our drummers living room watching Raw Power.

Edited by TheRev

3 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

As much as I love the Crue, there are quite a few to choose from. But in terms of the thread title, the Crue being 'inspired' by Big Trouble in Little China, and as for the 'fight' scene 🤣

Honestly don't see that one as bad. Obviously it is supposed to be stupid, so within the time and remit of the group, seems quite good.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2020 at 07:53, Rich said:

On reflection, both this song and its video must have been intentionally bad. They couldn't have been serious, surely..?

Geez, but I hate all of that fake Big Hair!

Ain't gonna say I never went there, but at least all I did was have it cut. This is how it came out of my head. [Caveat: This photo is from 1979. I'm now wearing my hair on the inside. 😋]

lblrhgK.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ubit said:

Seen them at the Reading festival in the 80's. They were incredibly cool and sounded magic!

Caught the original lineup several times, am on the Earth Inferno bits/b-sides from Wolves and the (apparently McCoy-approved) bootleg from Brum a few weeks after... last saw them at a festival at the NEC in 2009, with Prodigy guitarist etc.. OK they could play the stuff but no real feeling. Did see a couple of things never before witnessed though: a *five* person high flower-tower and...

McCoy smiled (for a second)!

8 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Too many to list. A search of YouTube for "terrible music videos" turns up some gems. This is one of the more amusing collections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QajzKbTBeGg

Thanks Dan, this is beyond appalling, what were they thinking?

Shows girls can be as delusional about their talents as boys.

6.17  - it's just very unkind to encourage someone with special needs to think he's a singer - really, and I'm not being sarcastic.

7.49 - My lyric of the week - "I have big tits and I like politics"    Oh please....  😟

• Haha 1

On 27/07/2020 at 09:44, Newfoundfreedom said:

I always found this utterly ridiculous. I mean, what were they thinking? 

It's somehow even worse with the sound off. 

I prefer this one!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's something from my youth. Great song, but what's going on here ? Have they all got stiff necks ? Maybe they were painting the guitarist's living room ceiling the day before and have got sore necks from all that overhead work. Lens seems a bit grimy too. Producer got bored and went off for a snog halfway through.

Hell, it was the 80s. It was indie. :)

Edited by ahpook

On 28/07/2020 at 15:34, Jus Lukin said:

HA ha! I was going to do that one, too!

Immortal are a good source of silliness, but Call Of The Wintermoon still tops the lot of theirs. This is, unfortunately, the best quality version I could find...

That’s a treat for the eyes AND the ears!

• Haha 1

On 29/07/2020 at 10:33, Doctor J said:

I'll see your Vinnie Vincent and raise you two Michael Jacksons.

"What's all that noise outside? What is that terrible smell?"
"It looks like the dead have come back to life, love."
"What are they doing?"
"They're dancing at some terrified young one, love. One of them looks a bit like that Michael Jackson. Go back to sleep."

Oh yes, MJ's "Thriller". Great song but "interesting" video to say the least. However, no one can beat the real deal 😎

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TheMaartian said:

Same here. But some sure have aged poorly. I can't remember a single one of their in-show videos that was this bad.

That was the style back then and they were just keeping up with the fashion of the day.

Maybe because i'm a Rush fan i'm separating older fashion and styles from just silly looking VID clips from over the years. I just remember when they came out and really liking them

Some of the clips of other bands posted on the thread have been quite laughable.

Dave 

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1

This is one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite albums, but some say the video wrecked his career and led to people deliberately mispronouncing his surname.

A more grown-up live version with Ringo...

Edited by prowla

12 hours ago, prowla said:

This is one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite albums, but some say the video wrecked his career and led to people deliberately mispronouncing his surname.

A more grown-up live version with Ringo...

How else do you pronounce Starr?

15 hours ago, prowla said:

Not sure that the video is entirely responsible; certainly looks like it helped though.

Edited by paul_5