Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith 20th Anniversary - BSA 6 - Flamed Redwood (sold)
£3950
London

Arnoldoc

Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top 6 string  (1 of 11 made)

Best Ken Smith out of the 10 or so I've owned for a very rare (very few have ever come out for sale) bass.

Not looking for trades - selling as bringing down my collection and mainly play jazz style basses these days.

Lots of feedback in the forum

Specs:

Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.

Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.

The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.

The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.

Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.

The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.

These were $6,000 when made new in 1999/2000.

Bass has cosmetic wear / bumps from the previous owner (I am the second owner and have owned it for the past 15 years), which is reflected in the price, but functionally it works perfectly and the frets are almost as new and plays with an incredibly low action with no buzz.

34" scale.  18mm string spacing

4.6kg / 10.1lb

Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 11 of the KSA 6 flamed redwood basses were made.

20200717_133026.jpg

20200717_133053.jpg

20200717_133103.jpg

20200717_133111.jpg

20200717_133121.jpg

20200717_133203.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 4.15.06 PM.png

Edited by Arnoldoc
  • Like 7

These 20th Anniversary Smiths are fantastic and ... lightweight ! 4.6 kg is on the lower end of Smith 6ers ...

Free bump from me. If I would not already own a Birdseye Redwood 6 from the 20th Anniversary series - I would buy this one in a heartbeat.... Unfortunately my collection should definitely not grow anymore ...

GLWTS !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbassman_de said:

These 20th Anniversary Smiths are fantastic and ... lightweight ! 4.6 kg is on the lower end of Smith 6ers ...

Free bump from me. If I would not already own a Birdseye Redwood 6 from the 20th Anniversary series - I would buy this one in a heartbeat.... Unfortunately my collection should definitely not grow anymore ...

GLWTS !

Thank you, your gear for sale is always fantastic.

• 2 months later...
  • MB1 locked this topic