Why become a member? ×

NPD. Boss BC-1X

fretmeister

The demos of the BB-1X (the drive pedal) are good for some players and not so great for others. I am curious though!

The compressor is ace. No dip and swell, no over compression of the lows, and amazingly low noise floor.

I have some rechargeable 9V so I might do a test and leave it on to see how long it will last. 

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

The demos of the BB-1X (the drive pedal) are good for some players and not so great for others. I am curious though!

The compressor is ace. No dip and swell, no over compression of the lows, and amazingly low noise floor.

I have some rechargeable 9V so I might do a test and leave it on to see how long it will last. 

I've been curious about the drive too but have enough drives and I'm only a bedroom warrior 

Be cool to know how long your battery lasts glad you like the pedal though 👍

I've had one of these on my board for about 4 years. It's a really good and very clean comp with a really usable range. I never notice it unless I turn it off. It really does need an external PSU though - the internal charge pump doubles the operating voltage to 18v and I reckon you'd be lucky to get much more than 3 hours out of it.

• Like 2

Heard good things about the compressor - multi band is the way to go if you have any brightness or aggression in your tone IMHO. It's digital too which is why is uses so much power.

I bought the drive and sent it back after five minutes. Just bland fizz layered on top of clean... although when maxed out it made a pretty good sounding fuzz!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Heard good things about the compressor - multi band is the way to go if you have any brightness or aggression in your tone IMHO. It's digital too which is why is uses so much power.

I bought the drive and sent it back after five minutes. Just bland fizz layered on top of clean... although when maxed out it made a pretty good sounding fuzz!

Drive sounds very disappointing from your experience I would of thought it would be really good at the price it is 

I put a board together with both the comp and the driver on it and I really liked both of them. The BC-1X is better than my usual EBS MultiComp for cleanliness - very impressive bit of kit and always nice to have some metering. No idea about battery life, though - always had it on a PSU.

The driver works best for me as an always-on, with a dedicated overdrive in front of it to offer a bit more push when needed. In fact I’ve found a picture of how they were put together on my phone...

A2A87B4A-5C6F-4DA6-8B97-CE4092667C5B.thumb.jpeg.69da42345c12b6a4dec617b3e7682fb7.jpeg

We were putting a covers side project together with some but not all members of the main originals band so I didn’t want to use my usual bass and board but also didn’t want to think too hard about different pedals from different companies and making them all fit together, so I took the quick/easy route with all Boss gear and it worked out great. One of the songs we played was Undertow by Mr.Big and the stacked overdrive was just right for that.

• Like 1