Why become a member? ×

Scott's giveaway dilemma

lownote

9 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I'd sell it and use the money to rent some thugs to send round to Scott's house and "gently persuade" him to remove me from his email list. 

Seventy thirteen spamming emails a week is more than one man can endure. 

That is precisely why I unsubscribed from SBL. Lifetime membership ain't worth a damn if you have to put up with that level of marketing/sales BS.

• Like 1

What, Scott's got another competition. How did I not hear about that? I bet you've got to sit through a really boring interesting look at his dashboard ( which I bet looks just like the Basschat site) before you can click through to the entry? Then I bet there will be a live draw which 'Ann' from 'Ann Abour' will win first prize and John Doe ( who's really a Russian bot) will win second.

BTW, I'm in!!!😏

I'd sell it an have me a custom bass made specifically to my specs.

For one I've gone exclusively short scale.

Something like a 4 string 28,6" scale length bass, with mahogany body, bolt on maple neck, with a modern slim C shaped profile, 24 medium frets, about 14" radius, ebony fretboard, 38mm nut width, and 17mm string spacing, with mono bridge pieces, likely with a Nordstrand, The Power Blade, P pickup in the sort of neck/midle position, and a Nordstrand Big Blademan, Music Man pickup, in the bridge position, with coil split, and series/parallel switch, and in matte black finish with all black hardware, with the body/headstock shape somewhat inspired by a fusion between the B.C Rich Beast and Zombie Revenge bass, and beside the coil/series/parallel switch for the Music Man bridge pickup, just a pickup blend control, no volume or tone pot, and all passive.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

If you like it then play it and gig it.  If you don't sell it.  Simples.

My '66P gets regular outings.  Let me rephrase that:  My '66 used to get regular outings and will again.

I remember entering a competition of his before via Facebook. I got messages on Facebook (cough) Messenger virtually everyday. I requested that he stop nicely. And unnicely.

In the end I just blocked him (or rather the Facebook presense of his Academy). And I stopped subbing to his YouTube too. 

I won't be doing it did one before ages ago and got about 3 million spam emails a week stopped watching him on YouTube also he's a great bass player but just talks to much BS and stuff and plugs his academy about every 2 seconds I understand it's his living but it puts people off too much overkill imo

Edited by Thunderbird

• 2 weeks later...

Chap I was en-banded (bound?) with in the very early 70s bought 'an old' P bass. So must be mid sixties.  It was cheap because someone had repainted it British Racing Green.  His missis recently told me it's still under the marital bed close on 50 years later, never been played since.   

12 minutes ago, lownote12 said:

Chap I was en-banded (bound?) with in the very early 70s bought 'an old' P bass. So must be mid sixties.  It was cheap because someone had repainted it British Racing Green.  His missis recently told me it's still under the marital bed close on 50 years later, never been played since.   

Address including postcode? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1