Why become a member? ×

JayDee Roadie 1 1981 Bass
£1199
Stoke, London, Somerset

WildDaughter

This may be a very recognisable JayDee Roadie bass that has cropped up round about over the past few years online.

Probably the Bass Salvador Dali would have had if he was in Hawkwind.

It is a gorgeous yellow handcrafted JayDee Roadie 1 from 1981

Mahogany body

Mahogany neck

Ebony Fingerboard - 21 fret

JD Split coil pickup

Volume, Passive tone

Schaller tuners

Weight: 4.25kg 9.4lb

I have decided to part ways with it after a year of glorious service where it has been on a small UK tour and a trip abroad but I had purchased by this time a new Hiscox Peardrop Bass Case. It has lived in the case over lockdown as I have been away from home during then. When not in use it has been kept nicely oiled with lemon oil and wiped down with a cloth. Has not had new strings since but will need the pots looking at as these crackle slightly when turned.

At nearly 40 years old it has 'settled' in and it a solid instrument but has a crack by the nut which I have on good authority was taken to JayDee in Birmingham and told that it has not affect on stability of the bass.

There is some wear and crazing on the bass but the crazing is only apparent upclose. There is also the general wear and tear of a bass nearly 40 years old with a few bumps on the headstock. It has also had the odd 'tour bump' during my tenure.

There are also 2 famously bad repairs in the paintwork with one on the body at the front and the other on the neck which doesnt effect playability.

Fantastic deep sound but can reach highs and middles nicely.

Absolutely open to offers and the price is just a benchmark. But I will only like to sell the bass after the prospective buyer has given it a thorough try out and inspection.

I'm moving between all these locations in the next week or so but will eventually end up in Bruton in Somerset

DSCN6264.JPG

DSCN6267.JPG

DSCN6269.JPG

DSCN6270.JPG

DSCN6271.JPG

DSCN6272.JPG

DSCN6273.JPG

DSCN6274.JPG

DSCN6275.JPG

DSCN6276.JPG

DSCN6277.JPG

DSCN6278.JPG