Why become a member? ×

Peter Green Passed Away

Mykesbass

Sad, but not surprised. When I saw him at the Union Chapel about 10 years ago he was then the same age that I am now, i.e. 63. I like to think that I can pass for mid-50s. Peter could have passed even then for mid-70s, barely able to stand up, quite unable to solo.

An enormous loss. I'll raise a glass to him this evening.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Sad, but not surprised. When I saw him at the Union Chapel about 10 years ago he was then the same age that I am now, i.e. 63. I like to think that I can pass for mid-50s. Peter could have passed even then for mid-70s, barely able to stand up, quite unable to solo.

An enormous loss. I'll raise a glass to him this evening.

Yes, wasn't in the best of physical health when I worked with him.

He sadly wasn't a well man for a very long time. McVie always said he wasn't the same person after being spiked with LSD back in the 60s.

I saw him not long after he first resurfaced after being away a long long time. He was rusty and a little confused but could still deliver that distinctive tone. His rhythm section that night in a tiny club was Cozy Powell and Neil Murray. Slightly surreal.

RIP Man of the World.

• Like 2

A sad loss, although as noted above the real loss was a long time ago. Such a distinctive and influential sound. "Loved Another Woman" is one of our band standards and will be even more poignant now. RIP. 

• Like 1

Sad news.

I live a few roads away from him and he could often be seen walking about locally just down by the sea front. According to others, although he was a person of few words, he seemed to be happy and enjoying a quite life. Also, I believe some of his family and children live in the area as well, so he wasn't living a secluded life.

R.I.P

When I heard this yesterday it really upset me and I didn't really know why !!, maybe because of the his musical life panned out, love his guitar playing, singing and songwriting, such a loss, been playing his early Fleetwood Mac stuff since I heard the news.

RIP Peter Green :( 

John

That his guitar playing was superlative is pretty much a given.  But for me half the pleasure of listening to him was his voice.  He really seemed to have sadness oozing out of every pore when playing and singing.

• Like 1