Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 500 ext cab

la bam

I have the 2x10  extension cabinet and can definetly recommend them. I am quite sure the result will be fine with the 1x15 as well.

The sound get fuller and richer, and ridicuously loud. It definetly will improve the sound (and add some headroom that you propably won't need). But it is definetly worth the investment. The drummer and guitarist gave my cab a big thumbs up.

I've got the 210 extension too. It's a bit of a beast of a rig for 4 10" speakers and bit OTT for a lot of gigs but outdoor they're perfect. 

Only thing id say is that I think the 15" cab is a different size - the 210 stacks better. 

• Like 1

Cheers all.

I think I'll go for a 2x10.

Just a curve ball though, the combos go for the same (approx) second hand as the ext cabs do new. Is there any sense in getting another combo and hooking them up together (say via the send return) or is the designated cab a better route?

1 hour ago, la bam said:

Cheers all.

Just a curve ball though, the combos go for the same (approx) second hand as the ext cabs do new. Is there any sense in getting another combo and hooking them up together (say via the send return) or is the designated cab a better route?

If you can pick up another combo for the price of a 2x10 I would go for the second  combo. Similar form factor and 100% redundancy if one amp fails. 

Simples 😎

• Like 1

16 hours ago, la bam said:

Cheers all.

Great idea! I would get an A/B pedal and run it that way but if the send/return idea works it`s all good. I had one a few years ago and moved it on, God knows why but the GAS is now strong for another one.

17 hours ago, la bam said:

Cheers all.

That would be a killer rig. You could just use a split signal and run 1 clean and the other one with a bit of grit.

I have the 1x15 with mine, and I have to say it sounds monsterous! 

I have been wondering recently if I should've give with the 210 though... I wish I could have tried both side by side at the time. 

Also, I was after a bigger low end response, so figured the 210 would just give me the same frequency response as the combo, just louder, whereas the 15 would probably be a bit gutsier down low (I'm a 5 string player). The 15 has certainly delivered on the low end! 

• Like 1