iMilanek

Yamaha BB1200 - 1979 - natural - sold.
£950

Posted (edited)

I sell my 1979 Yamaha Broad Bass 1200.

This is an awesome bass guitar in a very good condition, just have a look at the pictures. Sounds great, too.

Not the original, but a quality hardshell case is included.

Important: A fitting truss rod wrench is also included.

Weight: 4,4 kg

Location is Liberec, Czech Rep. Shipping GB/EU is included in the price.

p1e8c3lf851s4s19p117siaba1d8t4.thumb.jpg.b9584c819c66b2375f236746d483a1ef.jpgp1e8c3lf86nakcf011jjorc1cuk8.thumb.jpg.4112da847fc1eb9219eb8ef6b027dc13.jpgp1e8c3lf862v75tt178312m01eed5.thumb.jpg.d3de19ea4753aaee0db9314b44b1fd6c.jpgp1e8c3lf87fql1t4t10uu1c4l79pc.thumb.jpg.950585d3ced15f34e87fe4e4428c8ee7.jpgp1e8c3lf871nispnibi3m7o1bpmb.thumb.jpg.23311682fac4f4abd22586dbe2b05225.jpgp1e8c3lf861c131b019d91ookip09.thumb.jpg.128adf425ece5427ee9af990d8e8e99f.jpg

Edited by iMilanek
  • Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By such
      PRICE DROPPED: £900

Edit: I currently need a good P to work for an artist I like, so could be tempted by a straight swap for something of a similar value. Roadworn, Classic '50s Lacquer, Am Std, Am Pro? I do have an option to borrow one, and I'm a fussy f**ker, so will only go for one that really speaks to me. 

For sale is my Fender Marcus Miller signature Jazz Bass. I bought it on BassChat in around 2012; not sure when exactly or who from, since the messages are gone. It had been upgraded by the previous owner with a Sadowsky VTC preamp and Hipshot D-Tuner in matching reverse/nickel. You can say "modded, not upgraded" but I think it's hard to disagree these are legitimate upgrades. The VTC feature itself makes so much difference, the tone control being functional in both passive and active modes allows for some superb tones. Like, cutting most highs with the tone control while boosting treble with the active knob (which is centered somewhat lower, freq-wise) when on bridge pickup soloed, gets you that dark but focused and super spiky tone of electric jazz/fusion virtuoso. 
      Then of course you get a superb slap tone, clean and classic jazz bass sounds and everything you can reasonably expect from a bass of this format. It's bright, punchy, meaty, growly, snappy, airy, open, clear and big. 
      The bass is super playable. When I bought it, the nut was a tiny bit high, I found, so I got Andrew from Anaconda Basses (they weren't really a thing yet then, about to launch) to make me a brass one. It improved playability and effortlessness in lower registers, open string sound and sustain (possibly) and harmonics (audibly). 
      It's as good a jazz bass as you'll get, if you're into this sort of thing. 
      I recall checking the serial number once, and the result said 2007-2010. Also, I think it weighed at 4.1kg, will edit if I remember wrong. It's fairly light and very well balanced. The battery keeps forever. I changed it recently after more than 2 years. It was still going strong, just messed with my inner comfort. 
      Unfortunately, I seem to have inherited arthritic tendencies, so combined with my long fingers, I can't really play a jazz neck anymore. I've commissioned a build of a bass based in some ways on this one, and it will also be funded by this sale - therefore no trades, I'm afraid. 
      I'm willing to post, will need to figure it out though. I will change strings to brand new D'Addario XL steels or nickels (buyer's choice) in 45-105. 

• By Greg Edwards69
      This is a great value and reliable bass, but I need to thin the herd
      I bought this used from Gig Gear in Harlow a number of years ago as a backup to my LTD2 Attitude. Built in1992, I believe and is great condition for a used. A handful of marks that were there when I bought it but is quite consistent for a bass of this vintage (the control cavity cover still has the plastic on it!)
      As I wanted this to be a backup to the LTD2 I replaced the pickups with the same Dimarzio DP146 “Will Power” split P and I installed an Ultra Jazz at the bridge - the most powerful Jazz single coil I could find. Unfortunately I do not have the original pickups anymore. You’ll notice I have added a couple of pieces of pickguard material to the top of the P pickup with double sided sticky tape. This is so I can seat them lower but use the surface as a ramp. Unlike Billy Sheehan’s expos method, this is completely reversible. 
      Unusually, this bass has a 3 way switch and master volume and tone.  Wide (45mm at nut) flat neck with rosewood fingerboard with a deeper more solid neck joint than other basses. Heavy duty Yamaha hardware (although the hex in one of the saddle screws was stripped when I bought it). Schaller strap locks (I may have the original strap buttons somewhere). Rotosound Billy Sheehan strings installed, but they will likely need replacing soon. Beautiful Crimson Red finish. Appears to have a subtle sparkle and changes from red to pink in different light. I will include a levies strap with the other parts of the strap locks installed. Local pickup would be preferred (Southend-on-Sea area, easily accessed from London). I could meet in London if preferred. I can include a Warwick roackbag gig bag with this option for another £40 
      I’d rather not ship but I can do if necessary for a fee yet to be determined in a good quality Squier bass guitar box (gig bag inclusion not possible)  

• By sprocketflup
      Now sold.

My herd thinning continues with this, a Yamaha RBX374.
      This is a really nice bass, in very, very good condition, plays well and has a monster sound. The two MM style pickups give access to a very large palette of tones, very impressive. Usually is with Yamaha instruments though I find.
      The pics speak for themselves.
      I'm based near Honiton if anyone wants to come have a noodle, and would prefer the bass be collected. I'm not averse to posting if need be though. Alternatively, I'm  on the road a fair bit with my band, and could bring this along to a gig should we be playing near you. Dates and venues here - http://cloudbusting.co.uk/dates

• By waveydavy
      Yamaha SC-02 sessioncake practice amp for sale. Recent impulse purchase a fortnight ago , put batteries in to test but otherwise new in the box.
      Features & details
      A Portable, lightweight, battery powered device for creating, collaborating and mixing Plug in your microphone, keyboard or digital instrument Jam with your friends Jam or practice with iOS apps Mix your own session Input L/mono, input R (standard phone, Hi-Z), mic input (XLR), phones, chain x 2 (stereo mini), aux (4-pole mini)
    • By Ma'Grass
      Hey fellow bassmen!     You probably know how good this instrument is and how much I am going to regret selling it. Truth is that I actually don't even want to sell it! I am forced to due to the current situation, finances getting tighter and tighter by the day.   This is an awesome piece of equipment that is currently out of production, you will pretty much find them only second hand.   I gigged her quite extensively but always treated her with much respect. All that playing has definitely helped to bring her alive hence why she does have that mojo! There are virtually no dings or scratches on her, I've been that careful.   The sound of this bass is really incredible.. not to mention the construction: spline joint Alder body, Rosewood neck, through-body stringing and bolt-on construction. That's the specs you need for the perfect funk machine. I said enough! I Will throw in a hard case within the price too,     Get in touch, don't miss out on this rare beauty!     Matteo