Hello!

I've recently been looking into the possibility of acquiring a pre loved Line 6 Wireless system, from their G-series range.

In the last few minutes, I've been on to Anderton's website (to check the RRP) and noticed the following disclaimer on the G-30; "please note: Line 6 Relay transmitters are NOT compatible with active pickups."

Which is a blow. But begs the question: what are those who have gone wireless using? and/or - is there a work around we should know about?

Cheers

I had a G30 and active basses and didn't have any issues except that it used to interfere with the radio mikes regardless of what channel I was on

• Like 1

On 24/07/2020 at 14:55, Delberthot said:

I had a G30 and active basses and didn't have any issues except that it used to interfere with the radio mikes regardless of what channel I was on

Thanks for letting me know! I see these Line 6 Relay systems on quite a few set up's and was curious............... 🤓

The issue is that the bug uses a trs jack to check if it's in a guitar or charging cradle and some active preamps (not pickups) send a whine down the ring connection. This can be alleviated by using an extension lead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack said:

The issue is that the bug uses a trs jack to check if it's in a guitar or charging cradle and some active preamps (not pickups) send a whine down the ring connection. This can be alleviated by using an extension lead.

i think this might only be for the G10? the other models have removable batteries rather than a built in rechargeable one and are a separate belt pack with a cable.

I had a G30 for quite a while and never had an issue (albeit with passive basses as that's all i have) now got a G50 and no issues at all (mind you i've not used it much since lockdown!)

Matt

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matt P said:

i think this might only be for the G10? the other models have removable batteries rather than a built in rechargeable one and are a separate belt pack with a cable.

I had a G30 for quite a while and never had an issue (albeit with passive basses as that's all i have) now got a G50 and no issues at all (mind you i've not used it much since lockdown!)

Matt

Indeed. When I read the op I was sure it said G10. Seeing what I expected to see probably.

I've successfully used the G30, G50 and G55 with active basses.

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1

I too have used a G30 for many years, with passive and active. Never had any issues. 

• Like 1

I’ve got G70 and G75 and have no problems with EMGs.

Stingray can be noisy with small bug type transmitters. Extension cable and moving the bug to the strap cured it. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.