Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Wireless compatability

SimonEdward

Hello!

I've recently been looking into the possibility of acquiring a pre loved Line 6 Wireless system, from their G-series range.

In the last few minutes, I've been on to Anderton's website (to check the RRP) and noticed the following disclaimer on the G-30; "please note: Line 6 Relay transmitters are NOT compatible with active pickups."

Which is a blow. But begs the question: what are those who have gone wireless using? and/or - is there a work around we should know about?

Cheers

On 24/07/2020 at 14:55, Delberthot said:

I had a G30 and active basses and didn't have any issues except that it used to interfere with the radio mikes regardless of what channel I was on

Thanks for letting me know! I see these Line 6 Relay systems on quite a few set up's and was curious............... 🤓

The issue is that the bug uses a trs jack to check if it's in a guitar or charging cradle and some active preamps (not pickups) send a whine down the ring connection. This can be alleviated by using an extension lead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack said:

The issue is that the bug uses a trs jack to check if it's in a guitar or charging cradle and some active preamps (not pickups) send a whine down the ring connection. This can be alleviated by using an extension lead.

i think this might only be for the G10? the other models have removable batteries rather than a built in rechargeable one and are a separate belt pack with a cable.

I had a G30 for quite a while and never had an issue (albeit with passive basses as that's all i have) now got a G50 and no issues at all (mind you i've not used it much since lockdown!)

Matt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt P said:

i think this might only be for the G10? the other models have removable batteries rather than a built in rechargeable one and are a separate belt pack with a cable.

I had a G30 for quite a while and never had an issue (albeit with passive basses as that's all i have) now got a G50 and no issues at all (mind you i've not used it much since lockdown!)

Matt

Indeed. When I read the op I was sure it said G10. Seeing what I expected to see probably.

I've successfully used the G30, G50 and G55 with active basses.

Edited by Jack
  • Like 1