Why become a member? ×

Thought l was having a bad day until.....

leschirons

Managed to take a slice of flesh out of my left arm by falling onto a sharp dry wall rail. The red bit is actually missing.

Thought l  was having a bad day until the other pic arrived from our guitarist

😳

20200723_212055.jpg

received_283984112885491.jpeg

Edited by leschirons
  • Sad 3

Not good; not good, either of 'em. The headstock break will be an easy fix. Any decent luthier will make an invisible join; countless Les Pauls have suffered the same fate and been glued up (and so stronger than before...). The arm will heal, too, but it'll sting for a while. Maybe time to give up skate-boarding..? 9_9

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Not good; not good, either of 'em. The headstock break will be an easy fix. Any decent luthier will make an invisible join; countless Les Pauls have suffered the same fate and been glued up (and so stronger than before...). The arm will heal, too, but it'll sting for a while. Maybe time to give up skate-boarding..? 9_9

He'd only had the Les Paul for 7 months,  paid 2,800€   He won't be happy with a repair although yes, it would be fine.  Chris Leduc would be able to fix it easily and yes, the arm stings like hell. Especially when the antiseptic spray goes on😆

• Like 1

Well, yesterday I awoke find my water bed leaking.  I cleared that up, and then promptly slipped over in the shower and landed on my butt - I have a huge bruise on my right arriss cheek and can't sit down properly.

Then, and this is the kicker, I was diagnosed with a form of narcolepsy and have been told I cannot drive until the symptoms are under control.  This was a real ballache, as I'd driven to the Hospital.

So, after that little lot, if anything happened to one of my basses id probably end it all,

• Sad 2

Silly accidents eh ..

I walked into a lampost a week ago, full force,  which knocked me to the ground.  Hit the lampost arm first  and bicep took the full brunt, spun me round, and fell on the ground on the left knee. Hat, glasses,  stuff in pockets, all flew off or out over the ground. Bruises and whatnot,  couldnt stretch my arm out for a few days.

Strange really, as that lampost has been in the same place for as long as i've lived here,.. 10 years.  Go figure

I'll never play the violin again, though

Edited by fleabag
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, fleabag said:

...I'll never play the violin again, though

Reminds me of the woman, talking to the surgeon who'd operated on her husbands arthritic hands...

"Tell me the truth, please, Doctor; will he be able to play the piano..?"
"Yes, Madam, he'll have no problem with that."
"That's wonderful, Doctor; he'll be so pleased. He never could before."

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Dad3353 said:

Reminds me of the woman, talking to the surgeon who'd operated on her husbands arthritic hands...

"Tell me the truth, please, Doctor; will he be able to play the piano..?"
"Yes, Madam, he'll have no problem with that."
"That's wonderful, Doctor; he'll be so pleased. He never could before."

Ah, the old ones are the best.

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2

Re the Les Paul, he has OCD anyway with constant retuning on stage, changing guitars 15 times in each set, constantly checking connections on stuff that's working perfectly and wearing white gloves for the set up as it apparently tells him how grubby our equipment is 😳??

So, I'm hoping he wants nothing to do with the guitar now it's busted and he'll ask me if I want it for 400€😅

• Like 3

22 hours ago, leschirons said:

To be fair, that is normal for a Les Paul. I mean, is it even really a les paul until the headstock falls off?

Thats what you pay extra for.

• Haha 2

On 23/07/2020 at 20:32, leschirons said:

Managed to take a slice of flesh out of my left arm by falling onto a sharp dry wall rail. The red bit is actually missing.

😳

20200723_212055.jpg

Nah, skins not missing on that, just retracted a little, couple of stitches or glue and steri strips after pulling it across - right as rain as long as nowt damaged underneath.

It is a bit hurty tho

4 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

@leschirons if you want Christophe LEDUC to fix the Gibson headstock that's the best option for sure and it will be totally invisible, but he is on vacation until the 10th of August. I just called him today to have some news as we are friends. 😉

He would be my first choice. I'm seeing our guitarist tomorrow so will ask what he plans to do. I agree, Christophe's work is second to none. Thanks for info about his holidays.