Why become a member? ×

FAAAAAAAAAKE

1 hour ago, prowla said:

The page won't even display properly for me!

Consider yourself fortunate...

I've rarely seen a more obvious lash-up. I thought about messaging the seller and calling b/s, but as it's such a poor fake, there's zero chance of anyone being suckered.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Consider yourself fortunate...

I've rarely seen a more obvious lash-up. I thought about messaging the seller and calling b/s, but as it's such a poor fake, there's zero chance of anyone being suckered.

Right - I see it - wow!

Either the seller is a crook or they were done.

Reported - I’ve had to tell people who have spent £1000’s on stuff that their strat/Les Paul/jazz Bass is an Encore/squier/Epiphone before now.

There really are some people who aren’t as fortunate as we who cannot spot fakes.

The Classic Vibe Squier first run were the most common re-badges.

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Reported - I’ve had to tell people who have spent £1000’s on stuff that their strat/Les Paul/jazz Bass is an Encore/squier/Epiphone before now.

There really are some people who aren’t as fortunate as we who cannot spot fakes.

The Classic Vibe Squier first run were the most common re-badges.

Hopefully they'll react - I reported it earlier and it has stayed active.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

That's nicely put Andy, and thanks for reporting. I went to see a bass that was advertised locally and which was clearly not a Fender, which a very nice lady had bought from eBay for her son believing it was. At first I thought she was the con-artist, but it became clear that she had sunk a lot of money on this bass and had been completely done (probably an Encore also). 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldslapper said:

An Encore with that string tree? 

That or a Sunn Mustang (same bass with a different sticker) - at least that has Fender heritage!

Got to be a record for both worst fake/most optimistically priced £60 bass ever! :lol:

• Haha 1

The photo of it sitting on the leatherette sofa in front of the torn 1970s wallpaper adds a touch of class, don't you think?

I think Andy Travis is right about some not being as able to spot a wrong 'un as others, so despite my earlier comment, I've reported it as counterfeit to evilBay, too.

• Like 1