Why become a member? ×

NBD Another P Bass

stewblack

11 hours ago, stewblack said:

You do know that when God made pickguard He called them scratchplates and He made them red tort, right? 

I'm not saying all other colours are heresy, but they're pretty damn close. 

He speaks the Truth (Book of Tort 17, 3)

”those that like not the blessed tort shall suffer eternity blowing goats.** For free”

** Wayne’s world reference 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

I've always loved the matte black finish for basses (Edit!!: on further inspection it looks more like matte dark grey, still really love it though, might also just be the light in those pictures), and the color of that fretboard wood match nicely with it (I assume very dark rosewood from the look of it), not a big fan of tortoise pickguards though, to say the least, but that particular one there is actually not all that bad, I'd definitely chose one looking similar to that if I was forced to use a tortoise pickguard, though in my opinion a black one with a red layer in, making the edge of the pickguard have sort of a red stripe around it, would have looked much sharper.

But that is just me.

Truly an amazing looking bass in any case.

Congratulations! :i-m_so_happy:

I am a complete tart and happy to admit it. I bought this 100% on its looks. If it was a dog it would been worth it to look at. It's a kind of charcoal grey/black. In the flesh it's sexy as Diane Keen playing lingerie judo with Susannah York.

Oh and I know I said I loved it straight out of the box but what can't be improved by the addition of a @KiOgontone switch?

IMG_20200724_170809.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

TESTIFY BRUTHA

Well y’see according to my translation of the Old Testament from the original Greek, God thought about having a rest on day seven, but decided to create tortoiseshell instead . Good call, God 👌

Edited by Geek99

45 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Well y’see according to my translation of the Old Testament from the original Greek, God thought about having a rest on day sEven, but decided to create tortoiseshell instead . Good call, God 👌

Nice one supreme being.

And presumambly cast down the plain black and plain white 'pickguards' too.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Nice one supreme being.

And presumambly cast down the plain black and plain white 'pickguards' too.

Apparently He really despises grey pearl.  Satan’s work apparently. And rickenbackers. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mcnach said:

I don't need another bass I don't need another bass I don't need another bass... but damn, I'd love a 'stealth' Precision... I don't need another bass I don't need another bass...

We need to get a Basschat syndicate going. Four of us put in, buy a bass and keep it 3 months of the year each. Draw lots for who goes first.

All the guilt of buying too many dissolves away into nothing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waddycall said:

That’s unbelievably cheap. Looks fantastic for the price. Can’t help wonder how on earth it can be made for that. I wonder how much is left after Thomann take their cut?

My only concern is this. What conditions are they made under. 

I bought and returned one of their Jazz basses (the JB-75MN Black Vintage series) back in December, play-ability wise it was spot on straight out of the box, Two things that let it down. You could've sliced bread with the sharp frets along the underside of the neck, and it weighed enough to anchor a medium sized fishing trawler.

51 minutes ago, DarkHeart said:

Does the neck fall into the `baseball bat ` camp?

I don't know how to describe necks very well. Wonder if we have any others in common I could compare it with? 

11 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

what is the weight on that? i loved the sound of my HB jazz and almost everything was perfect, I just didn't have a roadie to help me carry it to the stage.

Maybe I need that roof support thing?

It ain't heavy. 8lb ish, just over 3.6kg on the kitchen scales. 

I have an old jazz of theirs which tests the suspension of the average family saloon, this is totally different. 

I wonder if the horror stories associated with the brand originate with their early models. 

Edited by stewblack