Why become a member? ×

Music shops are doing great......apparently.

gjones

My in laws have a small independent pet shop. Through lockdown they opened less hours and did tons more trade. People wanted something to keep their kids busy or were at home so much more they treated their pets to upgraded toys and so on, also people didn't want to go in to the big national chain stores and support the local shops. Long may some of those attitudes continue when we are out of the woods with the virus.... Though the people on minimum wage in the big national stores need to pay rent and eat too.... 

We've a small music shop locally who was doing very little until lockdown.

Since then, and the local Dawsons closing, he has seen a huge increase. Even got interviewed for NW tonight.

Apparently people wanted to learn an instrument whilst in lockdown. Uke's were the most popular followed by guitar.

• Like 2

Ironic given how little is selling on here (or more accurately a larger percentage of forum members selling than normal, and very few buying). I haven’t bought a new bass from a shop in well over 10 years, and I’m far from hard up, so I’d love to know Where are the bass-buying punters flush with cash? Then again sales of plectrums may account for 80% increased sales 😉